A Tabulation application contains a set of table specifications and a data dictionary describing a data file to be tabulated. When you create your application, you can use an existing data dictionary or you may create one as you create the application.
In a Tabulation application, you can:
• Cross-tabulate a virtually unlimited number of variables.
• Tabulate variables created "on the fly" under program control.
• Select the universe of tabulation.
• Tabulate values and weights.
• Tabulate simple counts and percents.
• Tabulate mean, median, mode, standard deviation, variance, n-tiles, proportions, min, max.
• Perform table cell manipulation after tabulation.
• Define detailed table formatting.
• Save tabulations in several file formats.
• Copy tables to spreadsheets or word-processing documents.
• Produce tables by geographic area.
See also: Create a New Tabulation Application