Navigation Problem in Android

Discussions about CSEntry
jfigueroa

Navigation Problem in Android

Post by jfigueroa »

Hi, everyone

I´m having a problem with navigation in my aplication. I think is because I am using the "set behavior()" function at some fields.
The trouble is that when I need to go some fields back to check the info, from the one that is currently beeing fill, and then keep going forward to keep filling the other fields that are pending, the application crashes. When I do this backward and forward movement between fields, it crashes displaying the message "CSEntry has stopped". And I don´t know is because I´m using this function "set behavior()" does anyone know if it´s there a bug with it ?. Or could be other kind of bug or problem.

Any help with it would be fully apreciated.

Regards.
imade

Re: Navigation Problem in Android

Post by imade »

Hi,
I think the problem is not due to the "set behavior()" function. This problem can be seen while using form's events. I'm not sure, but I have already fixed the problem by regenerating the all my forms automatically from the menu (You have to save a copy of your app before doing that, because all your former forms will be erased)

Regards
josh

Post by josh »

I'm not aware of any crashes with set behavior. If you can send us a copy of your application and give us the detailed steps to reproduce the crash we would like to try to fix the problem. If you don't wish to post your application the forum you can email it to csprousers@gmail.com.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

Thank you so much everyone for your replies.

Imade I already tried regenerating my forms from the menu as you adviced me, and the crash still happens. I hope I haven´t done it wrong, so I will try once again.

And josh I have mailed my application to the email adress you gave me. So we can see if I´m doing something wrong.
Please let me know if that´s the case.

I will continue testing so we can figure out what´s going on.

Thank you everyone for your help, it´s really appreciated.

Regards.
josh

Post by josh »

Joshua, I received your application by email and I was able to reproduce the problem you are having. I fill in the fields up to Municipio, I go back to the first field and then forward until it crashes at TIPO FORMULARIO. I don't know why it is crashing yet but we will figure it out and let you know.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

Thank you so much for your reply and assistance josh.

I will stay tunned for your news.

Thank You, Everyone !!

Regards.
josh

Post by josh »

This is definitely a bug in CSEntry on Android. It occurs when you have canenter(notappl) on so that an empty response appears in the list of choices and you have already selected a non-empty response. In other words it does not occur the first time you go into the field because you have not yet selected a response but when you go back into the field a second time with canenter(notappl) on then you have a non-blank response selected (the one you picked the first time) and notappl as an option in the response categories. At this point CSEntry crashes.

In your case this happens in the TRIMESTRE field. The first time you enter the field TRIMESTRE it is fine since you have not yet selected a response. You then pick an option (say Trimestre 1_2014) and go to the next field. When you go back into TRIMESTRE again it is also fine because when you go back into the field the preproc is not run so canenter(notappl) is not turned on. Preprocs only get run when going forward into a field. When you go forward into TRIMESTRE after that the preproc does get run and so now you have notappl as a possible response and Trimestre 1_2014 is the selected response. At this point it crashes.

We have fixed the problem and the fix will be in the next release which should be out in January. In the meantime there is an easy workaround for your case which is to only set canenter(notappl) if the user has not yet picked a response. You can do this by modifying the preproc of TRIMESTRE to check the visualvalue of the field to see if it is blank (notappl). Use visualvalue because in system controlled mode the value of a field is not available in the preproc of that field.

Code: Select all

PROC TRIMESTRE

preproc

If visualvalue(TRIMESTRE) = notappl then
	set behavior() canenter(notappl) on (noconfirm);
EndIf;

postproc

If $ = notappl Then
  ErrMsg (17);
  Reenter;
EndIf;

set behavior() canenter(notappl) off (noconfirm);
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

Thank you so much for your assistance and support, Josh.
I have tested the solution that you adviced me, and everything Works fine.
In both cases even Entry or Edit Mode, the application doesn´t crash any more ... !!!

Thank you everyone for reading and giving your replies.
The use of the "set behavior()" function will be useful so,
I´ll be waiting for the January 2015 release ... !!!
But by now, I´ll work this way, everything Works fine.

Thank you everyone,

Regards from Guatemala.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Josh,
We expected to have a beta version this month! :o :o :o
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004