Fields missing in data file

Discussions about CSEntry
mohdsami

Fields missing in data file

Post by mohdsami »

Hi,

I am facing a problem that some of the fields are missing in data file.
I am prefilling some fields using code, and skipping them so that user cannot modify those fields. But those fields are missing in DAT file.
Please help.

At the end of case some message pops up as "generating roster for section3" and then prefilled fields get removed from .DAT file
Gregory Martin

Re: Fields missing in data file

Post by Gregory Martin »

It sounds like you are running an application in system controlled mode. In this case, anything that is skipped during data entry will not be saved out at the end of data entry. This is not the case in operator controlled mode.

If you do not want to run your application in operator controlled mode, then you have to advance past the fields that you are setting using logic. Advance to your target field instead of using skips. When system controlled mode saves, any field that has a background color of gray (skipped) will be cleared and saved as a blank value.

You can also set the fields to protected if you don't want keyers to modify the values.
mohdsami

Post by mohdsami »

Thanks Gregory, it was really helpful , but I do not have bandwidth for any modification in application so I am exporting the partial saved data as it is having all the fields.

Only one issue with that is one of the roster data is not aligned with the fields. Can you suggest something on this?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Why isn't the roster aligned with the fields? Did you modify the dictionary once the data collection was taking place? If you have an old dictionary (that describes the misaligned data), you can use the Reformat Data tool to reformat the old data to the new dictionary format.
mohdsami

Post by mohdsami »

I didn't changed any field after data entry, yet in one file I observed misalignment of only one field of roster, say, field 1 shifted to position of field 2.

It happened only once although, in consecutive attempts data was proper aligned.