Case ids '%s' duplicate an existing case!

Discussions about CSEntry
Alesson Aguiar

Case ids '%s' duplicate an existing case!

Post by Alesson Aguiar »

People please I need your help. It has happened frequently with me and I haven´t found the solution. I have changed the CSPRO Versions, I formated my pc and I haven´t solved the problem. The problem is, when I am entrying a new case, in a randon way, when I click in the button to add case, the program give me a message " 92101 1 Case ids '%s' duplicate an existing case Case i " but the case or id doesn´t exist in the .txt file. I already unistall the program many times, I execute it in another computer but the problem continues frequently. When it happens the CSPRO closes and I need to restart it and use another id or run another program developed (get from my backup) to continue my job. It really upsets me because it delays me a lot. Please give me a solution... thank you and sorry for my english, I am brazilian and learning english.
Attachments
ERRO 1.png
ERRO 1.png (163.53 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Case ids '%s' duplicate an existing case!

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you automatically assigning the IDs to the field (using logic, instead of keying in the value)? For example, if you had logic like this, and ID was a protected field:
PROC ID

preproc

ID =
5;
That would work for the first case, but for every other case you would get an error about duplicate cases.

However, if you are not doing this, then I am niot sure what the problem might be. Try deleting the .idx file, which keeps track of your IDs, and see if it works then. That is, delete the file TESTE.idx.
alesson_aguiar

Re: Case ids '%s' duplicate an existing case!

Post by alesson_aguiar »

Gregory,
Thanks for your answer! I am not automatically assigning the IDs to the field, I type the value in the field. As you told me, I will try deleting the .idx file and then I will post it, if it works or not.