dynamically set value set in version 6.0.1

Discussions about CSEntry
Anne

dynamically set value set in version 6.0.1

Post by Anne »

Hi all,
I decided to start using the new beta version of CSPro, and so far I like it a lot.. I do have one problem, however - and I assume it's about charsets again (charsets are evil!)

I populate a valueset from a CSV file, and when displaying the values using errmsg, they look fine. But when running the application it looks like the picture attached.

(The field has length two, and my region codes are only one digit, but that shouldn't make a difference..)

Any suggestions about what to do about it?
Attachments
valueset_problem.PNG
valueset_problem.PNG (17.85 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
shafique arif

Re: dynamically set value set in version 6.0.1

Post by shafique arif »

If field is 'Text' type then ver 6 display similar thing. If you use Radio button or Dropdown type then it will be Ok.

Use follow command for radio button

setcapturetype($,1)

or for Dropdown

setcapturetype($,3)
Anne

Post by Anne »

Thank you, Shafique.
Dropdown helped, but it introduced a new problem (that I actually have complained about several times to the CSPro developers ;) ) The dropdown comes without an icon for further navigating, and my application is to run on (windows 8) tablets without keyboards: How do I move to the next field when it looks like this:
dropdown_problem.PNG
dropdown_problem.PNG (15.68 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
neither clicking nor double clicking takes me to the next field.. so in the current version, dropdowns are useless.. (and radio button requires that there is a value set with discrete values, but as I set the value set dynamically, I do not want to predefine discrete values as people not familiar to CSPro might need to change my application)

Any other solutions - preferably using text boxes to make it easy to navigate on a tablet?

Anne
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Hi Anne

Can you please check whether your variable requires 'enter key'. You can check two way:

1) For one item/variable (Q005), in Form, right click on Q005 and in "Field properties", uncheck "Use enter key"
2) For all items, click options->Data entry options->Require enter key-> check "no field"

Hope it will work
Anne

Post by Anne »

That worked. Thank you!

Do you work at the Census bureau? What are the plans for the final look and feel for the different capture types? Right now there's no overall design: The text boxes has the nice, green check mark button (which I am a fan of), while the numeric pad has an ugly arrow and the radio button/dropdown do not have navigation icons at all.. There should be a uniform GUI, I think :P

(at the same time I don't like the other buttons on the text boxes, and so far I've never used them)

Anyway: You saved my day! Thank you agai!
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

I am happy, it worked. I am a learner and using CSPro Android version for one of our ongoing survey which is about complete.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

There was a bug in the beta version regarding the old-style dialogs that you were using that introduced those weird characters you were seeing between the From value and the Label. I fixed it a month ago but we haven't released a new beta recently, so it's unreleased. Hopefully we'll put out a new beta soon.

We should have more uniformity between the various kinds of controls. Adding next/back navigation buttons to those extended control windows is still on my to-do list. ;)