Gps function and Windows Sensor and Location

Discussions about CSEntry
htuser

Gps function and Windows Sensor and Location

Post by htuser »

Dear Gregory,
I'll like to thank you for your help to the whole Csprousers and for the Android Version.
I hope you're very fine after working so hard for us. I'll test the Android Version on the field next week using Google Nexus LTE Tablet and i'll post comments to the comunity soon.
Other i have some trouble with the GPS function and Windows 8.1 Tablet having GNSS sensor...because the Windows API doesn't allow the use of the raw data from receiver using nmea protocol. Please, can you help us by upgrading the GPS function for support the Windows API?
Thanks in advance,
HTuser,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: Gps function and Windows Sensor and Location

Post by Gregory Martin »

Have you tried something like this?

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/ ... -with-qgis

The problem, for now, is that we can't update CSEntry to work with these new APIs as it will then having a problem running on older versions of Windows. Let me know if you can't find any drivers that can simulate a COM port.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Gregory,
I've already read this post. Unfortunately Centrafuse Localizer crash when i use the latest version on Windows 8.1. Until now i don't find drivers or others software able to collect raw data from the Broadcom GNSS receiver embedded on my Tablets and simulate COM port.
I think it should be better to have two GPS functions in CSPRO: One for nmea (Com port) for older version of Windows and other, for the Windows Location Provider.
Thanks for all.
edwinfeliz

Post by edwinfeliz »

Hi, i found a way to emulate the virtual com port using the tibbo application and get the longitud and lattitude with the GnssDataInterface program.

1. Download and install the tibbo and configure the ports to use.
2. Download the GnssDataInterface and unzip this, run and he automatically adjust the ports to use depending of the your tibbo configuration.
3. Just call the function in your CSPro Program for Windows tablet.

If you need extra help, just let me know, me email:edwinfeliz@gmail.com
htuser

Post by htuser »

Thanks a lot. Since, i'm using Csentry Android, not windows.