problems with export

Discussions about CSEntry
Anne

problems with export

Post by Anne »

Hi,
I'm testing out different options for the CSExport (tools - export data), and it runs OK until I try to use the XML metadata options.

If I tick DDI 2.0, I get the error message "CSBatch Application has stopped working" (Windows 7) or "Runtime Error! Program C:\Program files\CSPro 5.0\CSBatch.exe abnormal program termination" (windows xp). And nothing more.

If I untick DDI 2.0 and tick CSPro XML instead, I do get an XML file, but I also get the message "No output generated in file . File not created" (for both XP and win7).

(the other options I chose was "Multiple files", "All in one record", "Items only", "semicolon delimited" and "Unicode output" (rather random all of them - as I said: I'm testing ;) )

Attached is the test application (not very interesting one)
Thank you again!

Anne
Attachments
exporttest.zip
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Gregory Martin

Re: problems with export

Post by Gregory Martin »

Hey Anne,

The problem is that you need the dcf2ddi.xslt file, which wasn't included by default in the CSPro 5.0 installation. We'll make sure that it's in for the 5.0.3 release. You can download the file here:

http://www.csprousers.org/forum/download/file.php?id=77

Copy that file to your installation folder (Program Files\CSPro 5.0) and the tool should work.
lramos

Post by lramos »

hi Greg,

I did what you mentioned here, I have CSPro 5.0, but I'm still having problems exporting the data into any format (I would like to do it into Stata). Do you know what I should do?

thanks
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

lramos,

Can you give more explanation about what you are trying to do and how you are trying to export data? The Export Data doesn't have so many options, so you will:

1) Open your dictionary.
2) Click on the check boxes next to the variables that you want to export.
3) Click on Stata as your Export Format.
4) Click Run.

You can load the help system and look at the topic Load Exported Data into Stata for information on how to open the exported files in Stata.