daa entry using map points

Discussions about CSEntry
AriSilva

daa entry using map points

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,Listing with Map
I´m starting to learn about using maps, and I´m playing with the two examples you have, "Listing Menu with Map" and "Listing with Map".
Both work so far, but I have some basic questions as:
1. How the applications know they have to work with maps? For instance, by looking at the apc and ent files in the "listing with map" the only reference to maps I can see is the Map section with two entries, latitudeitem and longitudeitem. In the other application there is no reference to using maps.
2. On both applicatiions the map starts where I am, that is, my gps position. Is there a way to tell the map I want to start in a different position?
3. On the Mapping properties it displays a default position which is close to mine, and I can see it with the Preview button, but it is not exactly mine. Is there a way to change the default position?
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
AriSilva

Re: daa entry using map points

Post by AriSilva »

Excuse me, there is a typo error in the subject, it should be "data entry"
Sorry
Best
Ari
justinlakier

Re: daa entry using map points

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

For "Listing with Map", you can open the application in the CSPro Designer and go to Options -> Map Case Listing. This gives you the option to have a map as the display of the case listing on mobile using lat/long variables you choose from your dictionary. You can see the documentation page for this here. You can modify the offline map or default base map. The gps position shown in "Preview Map" is only a close approximation of your actual gps coordinate, and in the field you can use arguments to the gps function to request higher accuracy in collection. You can use map functions to zoomTo a location other than your gps position on the map, including zooming to a location before the map is opened to change the visual starting position.

Hope this helps,
Justin