gps function in preproc

Discussions about CSEntry
slwendo

gps function in preproc

Post by slwendo »

Hi,

I've tried calling the gps function in preproc of a field (or form) and it only appears to work if the location of the android device is set on from csentry (if it's initially set to off, csentry will show you a prompt that takes you to the location settings where you can set it on). If I start off with the location set to on, the gps function (placed in preproc) never returns 1. Is this by design?

I'm using CSPro 7.7

Cheers.
justinlakier

Re: gps function in preproc

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

Could you attach your zipped application either here or in an email to cspro@lists.census.gov, along with instructions on how to reproduce the error? This will help us test to find out why this error is occurring.

Thank you,
Justin
slwendo

Post by slwendo »

Hi,

See attached test program. I've used the interactive gps option and placed it in the preproc of one of the variables.

Deploy on Adroid device (Tablet) and set location to On.

1. Run CSEntry
2. Open the GPS Test Application
3. Enter some value for ID
4. Interactive GPS window comes up
5. Click on the satelite
6. No values on the latitude, longitude and accuracy at the bottom left
7. 60 seconds elapse
8. gps(latitude) and gps(longitude) are NOTAPPL

GPS_TEST.zip
GPS Read in preproc
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You're right that this is a problem. I've fixed it, so if you enable the location, the interactive GPS reading occurs correctly.

We could fix this in a CSPro 8.0.2 release (if we do another minor release). How big a problem is this for your survey operation?
slwendo

Post by slwendo »

Thanks Greg.

By fixing it - do you mean you placed the function in the post proc? That's what we did eventually.

The placement in postproc works for our survey at the moment but I think it'd be good to have it fixed in an upcoming release.

Cheers,

--

Steven Lwendo