Implementing User-Specific Data Access in CSWeb Server

What would you like to see in CSPro?
gaga

Implementing User-Specific Data Access in CSWeb Server

Post by gaga »

Hello CSWeb Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project using CSWeb, and I have a question regarding user-specific data access. I want to ensure that each user can only access and view their own data and application.
If anyone has experience or insights into implementing such user-specific data access in CSWeb, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Are there specific features in CSWeb that I should be utilizing for this purpose? Any best practices or examples would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
savy

Re: Implementing User-Specific Data Access in CSWeb Server

Post by savy »

Is the intent to add functionality in CSWeb to show content in the dashboard on a per user basis? CSWeb has roles that can restrict users to what data they have access to but it does not restrict data access at a lower level than that.
gaga

Post by gaga »

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Yes, that's correct; my goal is to implement functionality in CSWeb to display content on a per-user basis, ensuring that users can only access and view their own data at a more granular level. I've already set up roles, but it seems that the current access control is at a broader level.

Considering this limitation, do you have any suggestions or best practices for implementing a more fine-grained control within the CSPro applications? Are there any workarounds or additional features that could be utilized to achieve user-specific data access?

I appreciate your insights and guidance on this matter.

Best regards,
savy

Post by savy »

Unfortunately, this is not supported in the current version of CSWeb. Implementing this by yourself is non-trivial.