DISABLE ALL ERROR MESSAGES IN MODIFYING MODE

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
segxy4manu

DISABLE ALL ERROR MESSAGES IN MODIFYING MODE

Post by segxy4manu »

Good day folks,

Please how can i disable all error messages popping up again when going to the last position before partial save.
I put some errmsg and warning in the questionnaire but when partial save to go to last position will still bring all messages for me to tap "Ok" or "Accept" as i have put in the logic.

Is there a best way to dissable all pop up messages when editing a saved or partial save case

Thanks
SB
justinlakier

Re: DISABLE ALL ERROR MESSAGES IN MODIFYING MODE

Post by justinlakier »

See the documentation on the Warning function, which is like Errmsg but does not pop up while advancing/resuming from a partial case. You can also use OnStop() to override normal partial save opening and closing behaviors, however that is significantly more complicated and should not be necessary if you just want to skip popups.

Hope this helps,
Justin
munirmdee1

Post by munirmdee1 »

Actually not only errmsg or warnings only, but also if you use accept() function, you can not control it not to appear during opening a partiallly saved case, or opening a completed case. It keeps appearing even if I add a condition to check whether its in partial or add mode. Or is something wrong maybe in my approach. Is it sound the same as errmsg or warnings?
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Errmsg, Warning, and Accept all pause entry to require user input. As seen in the documentation for the Warning function, it is different from the other two in that it is not displayed when advancing or resuming from a partial save. The page for Warning includes an example using Select, which may allow you to mimic the behavior you want to use Accept for.

If the Accept is still appearing even while in a conditional check, such as an if statement that should only run if mode=add, then there is something wrong with your condition check, not with Accept. Try using errmsg in your if statement to output the mode and check that the condition is what you expect it to be.

Hope this helps,
Justin