Operator ID (Data Entry Team)

Discussions about CSEntry
realturay

Operator ID (Data Entry Team)

Post by realturay »

How do I create unique Operator ID login for my data entry team in CSPRO?
aaronw

Re: Operator ID (Data Entry Team)

Post by aaronw »

If you want to enforce unique users I disable operator Id and do this programically. Ultimately you want to associate a staff code with a staff name and pin.

For a smaller survey you could do this in an Excel file. Then you would use Excel to CSPro to generate a CSDB file to be used as a lookup. Something, like this:
  • Code, Name, Pin
  • 1001, Annie, 1234
  • 1002, Bob, 4747
  • 1003 Carl, 7845
For a large survey or census I would give the supervisor the ability to add enumerator from the menu. This would simply allow the supervisor to enter a name and PIN, generate a UUID, and write the data to a CSDB file.

Then the menu could ask the enumerator for the staff code and pin and validate the two using the lookup file. Then display a message like "You're logging in as Bob." If you take a look at CSPro examples that are installed with CSPro the "CAPI Census" project has an example of a login and functionality to add enumerators. Open the Menu application and take a look at:
  1. Login - See the LOGIN field. There is some additionally logic, because it's also remembering if you have logged in before and automatically logging you in if so.
  2. Pin creation - See the PIN_CODE_CONFIRMATION field. Pin can be created if it doesn't exist.
  3. Add enumerator - See MANAGE_STAFF_NAME field. Notice STAFF_CODE and STAFF_NAME variabales.