How to use POWER BI to extract data on CSWeb?

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
mosbi

How to use POWER BI to extract data on CSWeb?

Post by mosbi »

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to connect to database on CSWeb, from POWER BI to extract data.
I specify that my CSWeb server is already installed and is in production.
In this server there are several databases which already contain several records.
If so, what is the procedure to achieve this?
Is there a tutorial to guide me?

In the meantime.......
THANKS.
aaronw

Re: How to use POWER BI to extract data on CSWeb?

Post by aaronw »

CSWeb uses a MySQL server, so I searched for a video that walks through connecting Power BI to MySQL Server. However, before doing this you'll need to run a command line tool that converts dictionary data into a relational database. See processing cases here https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSWeb/d ... tings.html.
mosbi

Post by mosbi »

Hello,
Thanks for this solution!
I tried to follow the procedure to create the relational database, but I encountered an error as shown in the attached capture.
Therefore, I would like to know what exactly is the information that I must use for each field as shown in the second capture?
For the field:
Source data:
I chose the dictionary in the CSWeb database (Dropdown) which should be broken down into relational tables.
Name of the data base :
I entered a name different from the name of the dictionary in the CSWeb database to designate the target database to store the data from the exploded questionnaire in relational tables.
Host name:
Should I put "localhost"? or the address of the domain where the CSWeb server is housed? or the address with which data synchronization takes place (htt://domain name/csweb/api.
Database username:
What username is it? the user name to use during the configuration of CSWeb (admin)? MySQL database username?
Database password:
What password is it??? The password to use during the configuration of CSWeb? MySQL database password?

In the meantime......
THANKS.
Attachments
Config.JPG
Config.JPG (57.36 KiB) Viewed 6500 times
Failed to add.JPG
Failed to add.JPG (43.44 KiB) Viewed 6500 times
mosbi

Post by mosbi »

Bonjour,
J'ai ressayer les instructions en renseignant les parametres du serveur MYSQL,
mais je recois une autre erreur me disant que: l'utulisateur de la base Mysql ne peut pas acceder à la nouvelle table relationnelle.
Ci-joint la capture d'ecrans de l'erreur.
Il me semble que la base de données cible pour stocker les données du questionnaire éclaté dans des tables relationnelles n'est pas trouver dans cette action.

J'espere que les tenor de CSPro pourront me guider.

Merci.
Attachments
Fail.JPG
Fail.JPG (47.22 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

>Failed to add configuration for RENFORCEMENT. Access denied for user 'vimpl1697' <etc>

The user vimpl <etc> needs full permissions on the database. You'll need to allow this via MySQL admin.

Sherrell
htuser

Post by htuser »

See my response for this topic, more than two years ago.
viewtopic.php?p=12819
As you will see it, there's an issue when using any data analytics/dashboarding tools with CSPro-MySQL parsed databases...
value sets are not integrated in the database where processing cases are stored... So, direct "labelization" of variables is still
an issue.

Even if, in the past, I used a workaround, we're still waiting for the CSPro Developer Team to give any CSProuser a direct way...
Best,
-----------
Dans le passe, j'ai pu facilement utiliser des base de donnnees CSPro-MySQL avec des outils analytiques et de tableau de bord, principalement open source. SVP, voir ma reponse a une demande similaire, plus 2annees et demie de cela... viewtopic.php?p=12819
Neanmoins, L'equipe de developeur CSPro n'a jamais donne un moyen de labeliser les variables dans les base de donnees relationelles liees a CSPro. Et, c'est un probleme quand on veut presenter les donnees dans un tableau de bord. Mais, comme vous pouvez le voir dans la discussion, j'ai trouve un moyen indirect de le faire. Mais, j'attends toujours une solution directe de la part de l'equipe de developeur de CSPro.
Bien a toi!
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004