Application Startup Error

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
joshua.deguito

Application Startup Error

Post by joshua.deguito »

Hi everyone,

We encountered an Application Startup Error on new Android phones with Android 13.
The CSEntry application is freshly installed. We can also install our CAPI program from the server but when trying to start the CAPI Program, we encountered this Startup Error.

can anyone teach us how we can fix this error?

PS. The program is working with Android 9 and below.
Attachments
CSEntry application error.jpg
CSEntry application error.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 13452 times
khurshid.arshad

Re: Application Startup Error

Post by khurshid.arshad »

This error usually occurs when the path is incorrect or the PFF file does not exist.

a.
joshua.deguito

Post by joshua.deguito »

Hi Khurshid,

I downloaded a file manager to view the CSEntry folder and the PFF file is in the CSEntry folder.
How do I correct the path for Android 11 and up but will not affect the program if it was executed in a lower Android version?

Thanks
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Make a call to the GetOS() function and see what version is being run. Funnel your user to the correct path based on this.

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/g ... ction.html

Sherrell
joshua.deguito

Post by joshua.deguito »

Hi Sherrell,

On the working Phone with android 9,
the code is 20 and the Text is Android, 9.

I will try if the getos() function will return results on Phones with android 13.

Also, how do I correct the path base on this results if I installed the CAPI program using the Deploy Application.
The file paths were all relative when I checked the PFF file.
joshua.deguito

Post by joshua.deguito »

Or is anyone here using phones or tablets with Android 11 and up, and deploying their program using the CSWeb server?
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Joshua,

>How do I correct the path for Android 11 and up but will not affect the program if it was executed in a lower Android version?

I should have mentioned when you wrote this, but with the introduction of the Android 11 operating system it changed pathing. I don't know if you saw our post about this here: https://www.csprousers.org/

>Also, how do I correct the path base on this results if I installed the CAPI program using the Deploy Application.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. How you install the CAPI app doesn't impact how the CAPI app runs on your device.

To confirm, are all your devices running the latest CSEntry? (7.7.3)
However, some are running Android versions prior to 11, and some 11+?

Thanks,
Sherrell
joshua.deguito

Post by joshua.deguito »

hi Sherrell,

Yes, I had read that post and that's why I am confused because it is for the ones who had a previous version of CSEntry.

For clarification, All our devices are using the latest version of CSEntry (7.7.3). The official tablet that we are using has Android version 9 and the backup (mobile phones) has Android version 11 to 13 (depending on the unit and model).

Our only problem is that when we are using tablets (with Android version 9) the program works without the startup error but when we are using phones (with Android version 11 & up) we always encountered a startup error.
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Joshua,

Could you zip up and post your application so we could take a look? If you prefer not to have your application public, you can send it to us at cspro@lists.census.gov

Thanks,
Sherrell