Accept this Case?

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
munirmdee1

Accept this Case?

Post by munirmdee1 »

Hi CSPro Users,

I have a concern, not a big problem but I like to be able to do it.

I have a cspro data entry application, I want to automate questionnaire numbering, I mean there should be a variable that keeps on counting whenever I add a new questionnaire. That also is simple and I have manage to do it, but the problem comes, when should that variable keep counting?

For me I need to be counting only when they accept case, after finishing entering all information in the questionnaire at the end my application asks ACCEPT THIS CASE? Then the Interviewer can click Yes or No. So I need the counting variable to count only when Interviewer select Yes, if Interviewer select No then its should not count.

My question is when does this question happens? I mean ACCEPT THIS CASE? at which level does this question? And can it be programmed so as to achieve what I have explained above?

Thanks in advanced.
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
Gregory Martin

Re: Accept this Case?

Post by Gregory Martin »

What I suggest is:

1) Turn off "Confirm end-of-case": https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/c ... tions.html

2) Add a field to the end of your program where you ask this question yourself.

3) Then, on "yes," you can automate the questionnaire numbering. You can do this in the postproc of the field that you add (in step 2).

I often turn off the CSPro automatic confirmation question and code it myself so that I get total control of actions after the questionnaire is confirmed. It is also a way to customize the text in that message.