Why the maximum number of occurrences for any record is 9,999

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
vgonzalez

Why the maximum number of occurrences for any record is 9,999

Post by vgonzalez »

Hy folks,

I most to asked you this question, since I have wondered how to do a registry and follow-up on the farms where cattle, goats, pigs and chickens are raised. :geek:

I know that most of these are small production units or are family owned and do not have a very high production volume.

But I have cases of medium and large producers or companies, where the producers have a volume of cattle greater than 9,999 (specifically small-sized lifestock), where although I managed to load the record in batches, where the animal identification data is available by code, sex, type and date of birth, however, I have the limitation established in the registry. Thus... :?:

Can you give me advice on how to handle this limitation?

Although this limitation does not exist in SQLite, however, it is set in the configuration of the registers, therefore, is it possible to modify the CSPro configuration conditions to extend this limitation?

Thanks in advance
sherrell

Re: Why the maximum number of occurrences for any record is 9,999

Post by sherrell »

No, there's nothing you can adjust to increase the # of record occurrences beyond the current 9,999 maximum.

Could I ask what these mid-sized/larger farms are doing? That is, are they actually collecting information for 10,000+ animals individually? If so, could you introduce another ID field for each farm to get around this? (For example, barn number?)

I will mention that apps with extremely large number of occurrences can have refresh/display issues and run a bit slower while processing that many occurrences. So even if CSPro were to allow 10k+ occs, I would never try to go that high.

Sherrell
vgonzalez

Post by vgonzalez »

I ask this because they are large farms (more than 20,000 hectares) where they rotate animals in plots or corral divisions or paddocks (for breeding animals, raising, meat, milk or double purpose) of bovines, buffaloes, pigs, or even chickens.

Although the animals are grouped by categories or types, I defined these groupings as variables, where I can group by type of animal or by groups according to age; however, it is not possible for me to have all the animals on a farm where the sum of animals exceeds 9,999 cases. For this reason, I raised the possibility of being able to have more cases in the same record, but I see that instead, I must look for an alternative record structure that is consistent with the limitations of the total number of records.

Thanks Sherrell
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

We are eventually going to get rid of the limits on records, but that probably won't come until CSPro 9.0. In the meantime, I hope you are able to find a suitable way to work with your data. Sorry for the limitation.