SaveSetting Function not working

Discussions about CSEntry
muhaliraza

SaveSetting Function not working

Post by muhaliraza »

Hi. I am working with two applications. (1) menu, and (2) form. In menu, the SaveSetting Function is working perfectly. But in form, the SaveSetting Function is not working and does not store attributes and values. Any idea what is wrong?
Gregory Martin

Re: SaveSetting Function not working

Post by Gregory Martin »

We have not heard any reports of this not working. When you open this dialog, do you see the settings that you are saving: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/u ... tings.html

Note that the location where these settings are saved can be overridden using the CommonStore PFF attribute: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/r ... entry.html

Make sure that your menu and form aren't using different locations for the settings.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

Dear Gregory,
I did not specify the file to store the settings. I also shared the application with you using a private email to look into the issue. Your help is required to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

I checked View -> User and Configuration Settings and the values are not stored. The savesetting("LAND", maketext("%d",LAND)); in CRSGIS app is not working. The app is also attached to further look into it.
Attachments
GIS Menu with Map.zip
(179.19 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I can recreate this problem with CSPro 7.7. I tried to look into why this is happening, but I only have the prerelease of CSPro 8.0 on my machine at the moment, and this bug does not happen with 8.0. I will look later to see if I can figure out why this happens in 7.7.

In the meantime, if this is urgent, you could consider writing the settings to the disk, something like:
file settings_file;
settings_file.open("settings.dat", create);
settings_file.write("LAND=%d", LAND);
You could then read this file in another program. You could also create an external dictionary with these settings and then loadcase/writecase to load / save the settings.
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Ali;
I tried to find out what is going on when you enter data in the main form.

The programme is closed after entering data and does not reopen on the menu screen, where you can choose "Add new point" to enter the data. It is not possible to save the attribute or its value. The application terminates in after each entry.

Though I tried the same thing on the "Listing Menu with Map" application from the example folder, the outcome remained the same. The application expires after each entry.

For the sake of experiment, delete or put the syntax in the comments under the procedure “ST_LOCATION_PLACEHOLDER” and then run application. It will give results.

Maybe Gregory give the further comments on this.

You can get in touch with me at khurshid.arshad@gmail.com if you need any help.
Best.
A.