Autofill field

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
matenek

Autofill field

Post by matenek »

I have an excell spreadsheet with the data of the schools (id, name, district, subdistrict), I uploaded it to cspro.
I created a form with the corresponding fields.(drop down or listbox)
id
name
district
subdistrict
How do I capture the school id and fill in the other fields automatically?
etuser

Re: Autofill field

Post by etuser »

Dear sir,
You can do it on the form by right clicking on the ID variable and choose field property and then choose "persistent" or you can use loadsetting/savesetting command.
matenek

Post by matenek »

Dear,
Tks for the response,

But i need the different approach:
I need to automatically enter the values in the correpondent fields after I enter the SCHOOL_ID.
I already uploaded/imported the list of schools in the file schools.csdb via excell.
Now we need to map it to show the school id for the enumerator to insert into the field, and
after insert the id automatically fill in the other fields(municipality, subdistrict).
Attachments
schools.zip
(848.25 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
etuser

Post by etuser »

Dear Sir,

I tried to open the program attached and many of the files related to .ent are missing and unable to open it but, i tried the following method

Here is what i DID

1. Convert the two excel files to (school_info.Csdb and EXT_school_dict.dcf) and (Enumerator_info.csdb and External_school_dict.dcf) using "Excel to Cspro" tool of Cspro with minor modification on the names and length on the new dictionary to avoid variable name duplicates and length miss-match

2. I re-generate a new form since couldn't open the file attached , and do some "loadcases" syntax to load the data from the external files which I converted from the excel files in step 1 , I hope this might hep
Attachments
NEW_SCHOOL.rar
(300.72 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
matenek

Post by matenek »

Tks a lot.
This solution solve my problem.
:D :D :D :D

All the best.