Parameter on Compare Tool Listing Report

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Yass

Parameter on Compare Tool Listing Report

Post by Yass »

Hi Cspo Team,

I have this 2 files on a mobile device (Tablet) and would like to call the compare pff file but am stack in :

1. Do I place both the .comp file and .com.pff in appropriate folder
2. I want to set a parameter say to view listing of a specific compared file. Either a Household in the reference and input file or A specific cluster
viewlisting file from different cluster cases , since my files contain cases from different clusters...

Please how do I control the viewlisting file for a specific cluster or household if an item such as cluster or household is selected then that specified
item list get to show..

Help me edit my pff to reflect what i intend to do in the above, thanks

Code: Select all

[Run Information]
Version=CSPro 7.7
AppType=Compare

[Files]
Application=.\checkq1.cmp
InputData=..\Data1\demogra1.csdb
ReferenceData=..\Data2\demogra2.csdb
Listing=.\check.cmp

[Parameters]
ViewListing=Always

Lastly, can the output be in html ??
sherrell

Re: Parameter on Compare Tool Listing Report

Post by sherrell »

Hi Yass,

1) Generally when you run something you try to keep all files together. So, I would put the .cmp and .cmp.pff files in the same folder, ideally in the same folder as the dictionary being used or the data files being compared, but of course this isn't imperative.

2) I think you're trying to filter the results of the compare? If so, that's not something we offer. CSCompare was written a long time ago, and it hasn't been modified much since its origin ~20 odd years ago.

This stmt is incorrect, see my followup posting to clarify >> 3) The output can be as a text (listing) file (the default), or as an HTML or CSV file. If launching CSCompare (for set up), click on the "..." button to the right of the listing file; drop down, and you'll see the 3 types being offered. Or just modify your pff and provide an "HTML" file extension.

Sherrell
Last edited by sherrell on April 13th, 2022, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yass

Post by Yass »

Thanks for the response , Sherrell and hope the CSPRO Team will consider the point
2) I think you're trying to filter the results of the compare? If so, that's not something we offer. CSCompare was written a long time ago, and it hasn't been modified much since its origin ~20 odd years ago.
This will be useful for panal Data Collection...
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Yass,

I misspoke yesterday on the html and csv output options. While they appear in the run dialog, it's because the dialog is a generic one for all CSPro apps. Therefore, the text listing is your only choice for CSCompare.

We'll keep your filter suggestion in mind, thanks for your input.

Sherrell