Could not initialize the Data Viewer HTML provider

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
nlxlee

Could not initialize the Data Viewer HTML provider

Post by nlxlee »

Hello. I'm trying to open the data viewer. I'm all of the sudden facing the following error message, "Could not initialize the Data Viewer HTML provider". I'm, hence failing to open Data Viewer. What could be the reason for this error message and how do I fix it?
sherrell

Re: Could not initialize the Data Viewer HTML provider

Post by sherrell »

Hi,

Could you confirm what version of CSPro you're running? i.e., is it 7.7.1 with a release date of Feb 7, 2022? If you're running the inaugural 7.7 release dated Jan 12th, please install the latest and see if that helps (we were having a few problems with the HTML stuff in the first release).

If you still have problems, are you launching DataViewer from the CSPro Tools menu, or are you double-clicking on a .csdb file in order to launch DV? If the latter, please try to open DV without any datafile dependencies, just open it from the Tools menu.

Sherrell
nlxlee

Post by nlxlee »

This has worked. Thanks
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Great, glad to hear it.
laoteta

Post by laoteta »

I have the same problem even with version 7.7.1
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

>If you still have problems, are you launching DataViewer from the CSPro Tools menu, or are you double-clicking on a .csdb file
>in order to launch DV? If the latter, please try to open DV without any datafile dependencies, just open it from the Tools menu.

Did you try to open DV solo (launch from the CSPro Tools menu)? If so, did that work? If not, I would suggest uninstalling & reinstalling CSPro.

If launching DV opens ok, but then fails on a .csdb file, are you trying to open several different files?

If so and you're still having a problem, please either post the .csdb file here, or email it to us at cspro@lists.census.gov

thanks, Sherrell
laoteta

Post by laoteta »

Thank you for your interest in my concern.
The problem exists both through the menu or double click on a file.
However I have no problem when I replace version 7.7.1 with version 7.6.
Thank you
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

What was the result when you tried uninstalling and installing CSPro 7.7.1?
nlxlee

Post by nlxlee »

Hello. I'm back with the same problem. The problem does not persist when you log out Windows and Log back in. Usually, I would work just fine. It doesn't occur 90% of the time I use the Data Viewer. I just don't know what triggers the problem all of the sudden. I thought I could wait to see if it would be solved in the next version of CSPro. I am from downloading version 7.7.2. The problem still exists
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

If you could send us your file we can take a look and see if it fails for us. Either post the file here, or, if you prefer not to make it public, send it to us at cspro@lists.census.gov

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sherrell