improvement of form layout

What would you like to see in CSPro?
iip

improvement of form layout

Post by iip »

1. Resizeable and multiline text object (similar to text in header/row text of roster)
2. Radio button, check box, listbox in form/roster (PC)
3. Highlight text/question when the variable focus.

:)

-iip-
Gregory Martin

Re: improvement of form layout

Post by Gregory Martin »

1) The multiline text object would definitely be a useful addition to the language. We will add it to the list of possible additions, though it may not make the 5.0.1 release. I've definitely been annoyed at times when I have to create several text objects to simulate multiline text.

2) The radio buttons, check boxes, and list boxes already exist in CSPro 4.1! Check the helps for Extended Controls. You activate these controls by right-clicking on the field, selecting Properties, and clicking on the Change button to the right of Capture.

3) What do you mean by "Highlight text/question when the variable focus"? Do you mean that the field should somehow be highlighted?
iip

Post by iip »

Thanks for response Greg,

For number 2, what I mean is the control not shown as popup, but it shown in the form, it will auto resizable together with the questions, and if we could change both item (question and control) on the fly during entry that would be great.

For number 3, yes just like in ISSA.

I propose all those features in order to do better CAPI or CASI using Cspro, not only for data entry.

Best,

-iip-
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Number two is something that we will definitely do at some point. It may be introduced as we put in features for the Android version.
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Been working a lot with forms lately and it would be nice to
1) insert a multiple line text field
2) images
3) page borders lines that are predenifed to certain screen resolutions e.g., 800x600 ... I normally make my own by editing the form file.
4) change color of an active item box (in addtion to a blinking cursor)

Thanks 8-)
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll definitely keep them in mind, though we probably won't do much with UI stuff until after the first Android version is done. Gridlines denoted the window size would be useful though even for Android programming because people will have to design for much smaller screens.
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Hello Greg,
This is just going back to my previous post.Is there a way to change a color of multiple input fields? So this is what I want to do. I have the user key-in all the information in a form. After all the information has been keyed-in they can press a userbar button that will highlight (change color) all the item fields that have possible errors.
Thanks and info will be helpful,
Pierre
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

There is no way to do this because the color of a field is tied to attributes of data entry: http://csprousers.org/help/html/highlig ... nction.htm

Programmatically, the only way to change the color of the fields is to set fields to protected using the set attributes statement: http://csprousers.org/help/html/set_att ... tement.htm

But pulling that off successfully would be rather tricky.
dieting

Post by dieting »

Gridlines denoted the window size would be useful though even for Android programming because people will have to design for much smaller screens.???