capture data using barcode readers/scanner and directly ente

Discussions about CSEntry

capture data using barcode readers/scanner and directly ente

Post by Guest »

Hi there,
Is there a way to capture data using barcode readers/scanner and directly enter to CSPro data field?
Gregory Martin

Re: capture data using barcode readers/scanner and directly

Post by Gregory Martin »

You should be able to do this but it depends on the barcode scanner that you are using. Some barcode scanners work by putting out their result as plain text numbers with the value of the barcode. This could work in a data entry application, you would just have to make sure that the field is long enough to store the barcode. One scanner I saw also added an enter character to the string, so that the result was something like:

---

---

In this case, you might want to set the Use Enter Key option for that field to Yes so that it will trap the enter character.
abbymm

Post by abbymm »

Hi,
This developer guide article about how to read barcodes with a barcode reader/scanner may be useful.
danny rough

Post by danny rough »

for capturing data, i think a good tool is obviously indispensible. i know lots of sdk which contains barcode reader/scanners , but i wanna suggest you to use this sdk which i have always used . it can be employed in many different environments and i have solved my problems . you can download the toolkit and install by following the steps given in the page . i don't know exactly whether it will work in your computer, but i think you should have a try, good luck!
latchse

Post by latchse »

abbymm wrote:Hi,
This developer guide article about how to read barcodes with a barcode reader/scanner may be useful.
Good passge!Actually, just use a third party control like this to read the barcodes. I have used this QR Code reader.
poisy

Post by poisy »

thanks for sharing, that's awesome! i know another imaging sdk which can both scan and generate barcode in c#, besides, it can be freely used for 30 days,you can also have a try.
Nana111

Post by Nana111 »

latchse wrote:
Good passge!Actually, just use a third party control like this to read the barcodes. I have used this QR Code reader.
HI there
Thanks for your sharing.I have taken a look at your QR code.It is really great.But i want to know that if it is possible to work with my iphone?
Thanks for any suggestion.
makaveiljojo

Post by makaveiljojo »

I agree with Gregory. And this barcode scanner (hardware) my company is using can add an enter character to the string well. But I think a software barcode reader which make things much easier for you. Integrate it to your PC and follow guide to do settings, it'll just start working well and fast.
arronlee

Post by arronlee »

makaveiljojo wrote:I agree with Gregory. And this barcode scanner (hardware) my company is using can add an enter character to the string well. But I think a software barcode reader which make things much easier for you. Integrate it to your PC and follow guide to do settings, it'll just start working well and fast.
Hi, makaveiljojo.
Can you offer some more tutorails about the relevant Barcode scanning projects. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron