Synchronization with dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Amoikon

Synchronization with dropbox

Post by Amoikon »

Hello everyone!
I have a problem with the data synchronization on the Dropbox server (I use CSPro 7.1).
When adding the synchronization to the data entry application, I chose as the Dropbox server and at the Synchronize main data file I chose ''Sync local and remote changes''.
The data collection has started, and all the data is on each device of the 19 interviewers. Which disturbs me because it is more than 2500 data that will be entered. I would like each of the interviewers to have the data they entered on their own tablet.
I tried to correct this in the synchronization options by choosing "Upload changes to server" this time. But it didn't change anything.
I also tried to replace the dictionary at the dropbox level, but nothing.
Can you please help me? Is there a solution to solve this problem?
I hope to find a solution to my problem thanks to you.

Bonjour à tous !
J’ai un problème au niveau de la synchronisation des données sur le serveur Dropbox (J'utilise CSPro 7.1).
Au moment d’ajouter la synchronisation à l’application de saisie de données, j’ai choisi comme serveur Dropbox et au niveau de Synchronize main data file j’ai choisi ‘’Sync local and remote changes’’.
La collecte de données a débuté, et toutes les données se retrouvent sur chaque appareil des 19 enquêteurs. Ce qui me dérange car c’est plus de 2500 données qui seront entrées. Je souhaiterais que chaque enquêteurs ait les données qu’il a lui-même saisies sur sa tablette.
J’ai essayé de corriger cela au niveau des options de synchronisation en choisissant cette fois ‘’Upload changes to server’’. Mais ça n’a rien changé.
J’ai essayé également de remplacer le dictionnaire au niveau de dropbox, mais rien.
Pouvez-vous m’aider svp ? Existe-il une solution pour résoudre ce problème ?
Je compte sur vraiment votre aide.
Last edited by Amoikon on April 10th, 2020, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregory Martin

Re: Synchronization with dropbox

Post by Gregory Martin »

The data entry application is the combination of the .pen and .pff files on the Android device. The information about how to sync data is stored in the .pen file, so you need to update the application on the devices for the changes to take effect. When you enabled synchronization, did you check "Download application files"? If so, you can update the application on Dropbox and the changes will take effect when the interviewers next sync. If that isn't checked, you'll have to manually update each .pen file.
Amoikon

Post by Amoikon »

Thank you very much dear!
I hadn't checked that option indeed.
But since the interviewers are already in the field, I unfortunately cannot easily apply what you recommend. I have found another solution, certainly more complex, but hey! :roll:
Nevertheless I thank you very much for your diligent response. I will use it for my future investigations!
AMR Burkina

Post by AMR Burkina »

Bonjour, Dans mon questionnaire, je souhaite intégrer des questions à choix multiples. La logique avec la quelle je me sert semble obsolète! En voici une copie!
//a counter variable et la variable conteur qui nous permet de faire la boucle
numeric ctr ;
//la variable qui prend en charge la case à cocher
numeric i ;
//this variable is used for check box manipulation et ce la alphabet pour la multiselect
String alphabet = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789";
//cette fonction est notre check box en fait ici il n y a rien et la même boucle peut être utilisée pour plusieurs questions
Function VerifyCheckBoxCodes (String checkBoxField)
String validOption – " " + alphabet [i :lenght {checkBoxField)] ;
do ctr = 1 while ctr <= length (checkBoxField)
if pos {checkBoxField (ctr :1), validOptiens)=<>then
errmsg ("option" "is invalid."checkBoxField (ctr ;1]) ;
reenter ;
endif ;
enddo ;
end ;

Si possible de corriger ou bien me fournir une bonne logique que pourrait prendre en compte trois (03) assertions, c'est-à-dire trois types de questions à choix multiples!
Merci pour la contribution!
AMR Burkina

Post by AMR Burkina »

Voici la boucle d'erreurs constatée!
ERROR(VerifyCheckBoxCodes, 12): '–' is not a declared variable or is a misspelled dictionary entry
ERROR(VerifyCheckBoxCodes, 12): User functions must terminate with 'end'
josh

Post by josh »

Next time please start a new topic. Your question clearly has nothing to do with Dropbox.

It is hard tell the problem from your post with the logic in the post rather than in an attached application since you can't see which line number the error goes to but I'm guessing that this line is the problem:

Code: Select all

String validOption – " " + alphabet [i :lenght {checkBoxField)] ;
It should probably be:

String validOption = " " + alphabet [i :length(checkBoxField)] ;
This line also looks incorrect:

if pos {checkBoxField (ctr :1), validOptiens)=<>then
It should probably be something like:

if pos(checkBoxField[ctr :1], validOption )=<>0 then
You may want to go through some of the basic documentation on CSPro programming to understand when to use "(" vs "[" vs "{". The first is for function calls, the second for substrings and the third for comments.
AMR Burkina

Post by AMR Burkina »

C'est vrai, nous sommes justement dans la partie logique! Merci pour avoir relever cela! Je vais re-parcourir et vous revenir au besoin!
Merci
manishcspro

Post by manishcspro »

Each time when start synch with dropbox it says "Revocation Information for the Security Certificate for this Site is Not Available"
and when ignoring the above alert finnally it displays the bellow error message:

"error connecting to sync server: schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed:Unknown error(0x80092013)-The revocation function was unable to check revocation beacause the revocation server wars offline"
Attachments
security_alert.jpg
security_alert.jpg (40.44 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
server_error_dropbox_synch.jpg
server_error_dropbox_synch.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
josh

Post by josh »

If you are using CSPro 7.3 or earlier try upgrading Internet Explorer to the latest. Those versions run Internet Explorer inside a popup window to login to Dropbox and Dropbox does not support old versions of Internet Explorer.

In CSPro 7.4 and later instead of a popup window, CSPro launches the default browser. So just make sure your default browser is up to date.
Trader

Post by Trader »

IT IS OK NOW
I just update my defaut browser. It was Microsoft Edge. After that, it work now.