Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
zerfu1534

Re: New sync to Dropbox

Post by zerfu1534 »

Hi Justin,

It worked. Appreciated for your help.
I have got another challenge. Language code selected in menu app can not be called from another app. So I am forced to define the same language variable at different apps (menu, residential and enterprise apps) which is very inconvenient for enumerators. What can I do?

Regards,

Zerfu
justinlakier

Re: language codes

Post by justinlakier »

Hi Zerfu,

You can have Menu put the chosen language code in a data file, include that data file's dictionary in the entry apps as an external dictionary, and then have the entry apps load case from this shared data file when needed. The sharing of dictionaries and loading of cases across apps means you shouldn't have to re-define or re-enter many variables, including language codes.

This post doesn't have anything to do with the original topic of Syncing to Dropbox though. Please ask any further questions in a new post as a new topic, or as an addition to a recent relevant post on a similar subject.

Hope that helps,
Justin
zerfu1534

Post by zerfu1534 »

Dear Justin,

I wonder how generous you are. Many others are benefiting from the forum. I created the external dictionary and tried to write logic to call the language codes without much success. If it is error in capture type or coding error, I do not know. your usual help please.
Attachments
CSPro.rar
(886.59 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hi Zerfu,

Again, please post your questions as a new topic. Replies and follow-ups on a post should be relevant to the original poster's question, and since "New Sync to Dropbox" was asked in 2017 and was unrelated to your current problems, that isn't the case here. Instead your question should be a new topic.

When you try to compile your Menu.ent, it gives you an error that it doesn't recognize ETC_ENT_DICT. This is a sign that you didn't bring all of the external dictionaries that you needed into Menu.ent, since you named 2 files as Enterprise.dcf but brought in only 1. Use File->Add Files->External Dictionary -> Enterprise.dcf (from the folder Enterprise1 this time) and will be able to run with the correct dictionaries present. I would recommend renaming one of your Enterprise.dcfs for clarity, then going through all of your logic and making sure you are always reading or writing to the correct ones. For reading the current language, you can have the external dictionary be 1 item of whatever language Menu chose, then have the app that Menu opens read from that one item.

Hope that helps,
Justin
zerfu1534

Post by zerfu1534 »

Dear Justin,

I know I am breaking your rules> Itried to create a new subject but not sure that its successfully posted. Pardon me once more.

I would like to read a code from setvalueset function and then read all variables associated with that particular code from external dictionary. Your usual support please.

Regards,
Zerfu

PROC LOCATION

preproc;

numeric i;
forcase GEOCODES_DICT where TEAM_CODE2 = TEAM_CODE1 do
code1(i) = TOWN_CODE1;
label1(i) = concat(REGION_NAME1, " ", TOWN_NAME1);
i=i+1;
enddo;
code1(i) = notappl;
setvalueset(LOCATION, code1, label1);
setcapturetype(LOCATION,4);
//setproperty("DisplayCodesAlongsideLabels", true);

Postproc
//do while ischecked(LOCATION)
REGION_NAME1=getvaluelabel(LOCATION);
TOWN_NAME1=getvaluelabel(LOCATION);
zerfu1534

Post by zerfu1534 »

Dear Justin,

Do not worry, I found the answer. Just defined a new variable and then assigned to LOCATION. Thank you for every thing.

Regards,
Zerfu
zerfu1534

Post by zerfu1534 »

Dear Justin,

The language issues is solved, thanks. However, I could not be able to read vales of variables from external dictionary file (GEOCODES) for a particular TOWN_CODE1 = LOCATION. Had it been successful, I would pass the essential variables from external dictionary to the main survey app (Enterprise/Residential). Your support please.

Regards,

Zerfu

PROC LOCATION

preproc;

numeric i;
forcase GEOCODES_DICT where TEAM_CODE2 = TEAM_CODE1 do
code1(i) = TOWN_CODE1;
label1(i) = concat(REGION_NAME1, "", TOWN_NAME1);
i=i+1;
enddo;
code1(i) = notappl;
setvalueset(LOCATION, code1, label1);
setcapturetype(LOCATION,4);
//setproperty("DisplayCodesAlongsideLabels", true)

TOWNCODE2=LOCATION;
REGIONNAME=REGION_NAME1;
TOWNNAME=TOWN_NAME1;
CIRCLENAME=CIRCLE_NAME1;
//loadcase(GEOCODES_DICT, TOWNCODE2, REGION_NAME1, TOWN_NAME1, CIRCLE_NAME1)
loadcase(GEOCODES_DICT, TOWNCODE2, REGIONNAME, TOWNNAME, CIRCLENAME)
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hi Zerfu,

Posting a new topic should only require entering the Entry Forum from the main Board Index, clicking on "New Topic", and submitting it with a subject and contents. Please let us know what issues you're having if you can't make a new topic, so we can fix any potential problems with the forums.

Please also post a .zip or .rar containing your updated application, so we can test the problem in context.

Thanks,
Justin
zerfu1534

Post by zerfu1534 »

Dear Justin,

Thanks for your reponse but its not that pressing at the moment. I will use getvaluelavel command. I have got another problem.

I designed a roster for a certain fields and checked sequence in the form property box. It works fine on laptop - the roster goes sequentially and item selection is possible only once but gets random on Android. What is more serious is a value set can be selected multiple times which is not desirable. Is there any logic to correct the problem. You may see the roster from previous correspondences. Your support please..

I emailed this same message to board of Directors but not sure of reaching to the right people.

Regards,

Zerfu
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hi Zerfu,

I'd encourage you to either post your app here, or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov if you don't want it posted publicly, along with instructions on how to repeat the error. We won't know what's causing your problems unless we can reproduce them.

Thanks,
Justin