Unique password

Discussions about CSEntry
Yana

Unique password

Post by Yana »

Hello guys , is there any mechanism when one want to add data to cspro templete to ask a password to access the entry? Or how to add unique password for the multiple enumerators rather that system generated passwords?
I think you understand my questions.
josh

Re: Unique password

Post by josh »

There isn't any built-in password mechanism in CSPro so you would you have to build one yourself. The simplest solution would be to use the prompt function at the start of the application (for example FF preproc) to ask for a password. Then in logic compare it to a password you made up for the enumerator and if it is different then call stop to end data entry. You have to figure out where to store your passwords. The easiest way is probably to use an external data file that you generate from an Excel spreadsheet using CSPro2Excel and add it to the resource folder of your pen file.

The above would probably work for most cases but it isn't very secure. Your average interviewer probably can't get around the password but hacker could. The next step is to use secure hashing algorithm (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptogra ... h_function) and store the password hash instead of the password itself but doing that in CSPro logic would be quite tricky.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Josh and Greg,
I would like to know if you always plan to open the Cspro engine, mainly the Cspro language to another programming language?If so, it will not be so difficult to use hashing/crypto functions or class from, by example php or java in logic to manage password. This will be very easy.

If no, Csprousers will be obliged to request specifics functions from you...i know it's time consumming and you have a limited developer team. So for avoid re inventing the wheel, Greg's ideas to expose Cspro engine/language is the global solution.
Best regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
josh

Post by josh »

That is not on our roadmap for the next few releases.