filerename example

Discussions about CSEntry
crc

filerename example

Post by crc »

Dear Josh,
I am trying to dynamically rename the data file of cspro application. to achieve this I have gone through your post follows:
http://csprousers.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... name#p3318

I have understood the code but I am not able to understand where to place this code? should it be in global proc or after some other procedure.
I am trying to dynamically rename the data file with a combination of date time and operatorid.

Thank you for your help in advance.
josh

Re: filerename example

Post by josh »

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Can you explain what you are trying to do?
crc

Post by crc »

Hi Josh,

This is what I am trying to do:
1. I want to create a data entry application which will be used by different data entry operators at different locations
2. For this I need the application to automatically rename the data file at the start of the program and after the operator has given his/her operator id
3. The name of the renamed data file would contain the operator id, date and time (start time)
4. Once the application closes (not stopped) this process would be repeated

Hope I have explained all the steps, please let me know.
josh

Post by josh »

You cannot rename the main data file once the application has started as CSEntry locks this file. You can use a "menu program" to collect the operator id and write out a .pff file with the data file name you want. Search the forum for "menu program" and you will see some examples.
crc

Post by crc »

Okay, Thanks a lot josh, I have some more query, I will post them later.