CSPro 6.2 android problem with menu

Discussions about CSEntry
shafique arif

CSPro 6.2 android problem with menu

Post by shafique arif »

HI All

We started a household survey a month ago using CSPro 6.1 for CAPI. We used MENU which control household interview and woman interview. it was working perfectly with 6.1. But with new release 6.2, same menu is having one problem i.e., now interviewer has to enter menu twice and then CAPI goes to hhd or woman interview. Let me try to explain it. I enter Province, District, EA and household code in menu and then select 'household interview' or 'Woman interview'. After selecting 'Household' or 'Woman' it should go to relevant interview. But it goes back to beginning od menu i.e., 'Province' variable and I have to enter 'Province', 'District', 'EA' and 'HHD' codes again and then it moves to 'household' or 'Woman' section. Any idea why I am having this issue with 6.2.

Urgent help requested.
josh

Re: CSPro 6.2 android problem with menu

Post by josh »

I can't think of any changes in 6.2 that would cause that. If you can post your application I can take a look.
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Thanks Josh for swift reply. Where should I send my application so that you can review. WHat should I send: Menu, or hhd, or woman or all.
josh

Post by josh »

Zip up everything and you can either post them here or send them to as a PM on this forum.
Lejuste2

Post by Lejuste2 »

Hi Josh,

I am facing the same issues. Please, find enclosed the same programme developed in 6.1 (which works fine using the apk of 6.1) and the second one developed in 6.2 (which doesn't support the creation and the immediate execution of the pff).

Note that, every time when the 2nd application is loaded, I delete the pff.

Thanks in advance,

Juste
Attachments
CSPro62LigthEntry.zip
(23.05 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
CSPro61LigthEntry.zip
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
josh

Post by josh »

Instead of:

Code: Select all

execpff(strip(pffname));
stop(1);
do

Code: Select all

execpff(strip(pffname), stop);
On Android since you can only run one CSEntry instance at a time, if you don't add the stop parameter to the execpff call, it gets queued up and run when the menu program exits, but if you add stop then it will run immediately. Something must have changed in 6.2 that has messed up the queuing but adding the stop parameter should fix the issue you are having and that will work 6.1 as well.
josh

Post by josh »

I did some more testing and the solution I proposed (adding stop parameter to execpff) may not solve the problem in all cases. It worked with your application on my tablet but not with a similar application that I later tested. It appears that there is a timing problem with execpff that was exacerbated in version 6.2. We are working on a fix.
Lejuste2

Post by Lejuste2 »

Thanks Josh! It works with mine, but I still need to use the back arrow to close the previous screen.
josh

Post by josh »

We have a real fix for the problem. Look for an update on Google Play later today or tomorrow. It will be version 6.2.1.
Merlino

Post by Merlino »

i'm facing the same problem with my former MENU. I hope the problem will be solved tomorrow