CSPro Crashes when downgrading ...

Discussions about CSEntry
pierrew

CSPro Crashes when downgrading ...

Post by pierrew »

Hello all,
I have tried to downgrade a developed entry application from 6.1.0 (beta) to 6.0.1 and the CSPro prompts that it cannot locate the apc file and asks if permission to create a new apc file. As soon as I press "yes" CSPro crashes. The reason for the downgrade was that the office computers where CSPro was to be installed had only windows XP and to avoid installing .net packages I opted for the official release of CSPro 6.0.1.

I cannot locate any differences (in the files that is created when developing a new entry app) between the beta version and the last official release to figure out the problem.

I manually copied the code in the form and apc file and made the necessary changes to the application for a successful downgrade. I mention this because in the past all that was necessary was changing the version number in some of the created application files.
josh

Re: CSPro Crashes when downgrading ...

Post by josh »

We made a change to the format of the .ent file in the beta to remove the timestamp for the .apc file and other files so previously you had:

[AppCode]
File=11/16/2005 5:03:43 PM,.\myentryapp.ent.app

but in the beta you now have just:

[AppCode]
File=.\myentryapp.ent.apc

So when you go back to 6.0.1 CSPro doesn't see the timestamp anymore and it crashes.

If you use the latest version shifter (http://www.csprousers.org/downloads/too ... hifter.zip) it will add the timestamp back in and you will be able to open it in 6.0.1.