default data entry app features

What would you like to see in CSPro?
sherrell

default data entry app features

Post by sherrell »

oh wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long (...for the following features :)

it would be super nice IF:

[1] there was an option that could change the capture type of all variables from one type to another (w/in reason); for ex, I could change the default data capture type of all variables from "text" to "radio button". this would need to have some built-in checking such that it would only make the change if it made sense for that type of variable; for ex, variables with discrete value sets (i.e., male/female) could be set to radio buttons, but not continuous variables (e.g., age) or alpha fields. this would save a TON of time when setting up CAPI apps.

[2] a utility/function that could generate the QSF text from the dictionary variable labels; another huge time saver; the question text may not be perfect, but it could help immensely

[3] an "isCAPIon" function, so the data entry app knows whether i'm running it w/CAPI or not (useful when trying to establish a single app for either CAPI or non-CAPI usage)

[4] there's setvalue, setvalueset, getvalue, and ... where's getvalueset? TC & i were discussing this the other day

thnx guys; smg
josh

Re: default data entry app features

Post by josh »

If you check "use extended controls" in the data entry options before your drop your fields onto the form then you automaticly get radio buttons for discrete value sets and text box for others.

The others are all good suggestions.