Bengali - CSPro Language at install

Discussions about CSEntry
KASTELIC

Bengali - CSPro Language at install

Post by KASTELIC »

Dear Forum,

I'm wondering if CSPro can be installed with a different base language other than English. I though some time back I recall installing CSPro and having the option to select a language. I am particularly interested in Bengali for a Bangladesh entry application.

Thanks,

Jon
josh

Re: Bengali - CSPro Language at install

Post by josh »

The option to choose a language did exist a few versions back but it didn't actually change the language. All the text in the menus and dialogs was still in English. All it did was change the default font (and character set) to support entering text in other alphabets like Arabic and Cyrillic. With version 5 we moved to unicode characters so those scripts are supported without changing character sets.

On Android we have added Spanish and French translations for CSEntry. If you set the language in your Android settings to Spanish or French and run CSEntry you will see that the user interface is translated into that language. We have been able to do this thanks to the help of a couple of users who have volunteered their time to provide translations (thanks Joshua and Leonard). If there is a language you would like to see on Android we can send you a spreadsheet with all the strings to translate and if you send us back the translated version we can add it to the next Android release. Unfortunately due to the sheer number of strings and structure of the the Windows version we can't do the same there.

With CSPro 6.2 you can do more with multi-language versions of your own data entry applications. In earlier versions it was possible to have the CAPI question text in multiple languages. As of CSPro 6.2 it is also possible to have the dictionary item and value set labels in multiple languages. This is built into the dictionary editor (Edit menu-->Languages). You define your labels in one language and then change the active language and add the translated labels. At runtime if the user changes the languages, the labels are updated automatically. You no longer need to use onChangeLanguage() and setvaluesets().