DROPBOX sync failure

Discussions about CSEntry
shafique arif

DROPBOX sync failure

Post by shafique arif »

Dear All

I managed one survey where I used 46 tablets and used CSPro's sync (pnc) 9 months ago and it went very well. Now I am doing another survey where 66 tablets are being used. I started with 6 teams and it went very well for the first three days of field work. After 3 days we had problems with most of these tablets and problems is not solved. But we started with another 5 teams, it again went very well for first 3 days but these teams also started facing problems on 4th days. I use the same pnc files on any new tablet or phone and it works fine. I have idea why it starts creating problem on the third day? Please help

Shafique
josh

Re: DROPBOX sync failure

Post by josh »

Can you tell us a bit more what the problem is? Are you getting an error message?
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Josh
Thanks for swift reply. I get attached error.
Attachments
Sync error
Sync error
Screenshot_2015-11-17-06-29-24.png (137.34 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Josh
Strange thing is that:
- It works for first 3 days then we start get this message
- When same pnc is downloaded on other tablets, it works perfectly. We tried to solve this problem by reinstalling CSentry, after deleting all data. Downloaded all required files and application again but problem persists.

Regards
josh

Post by josh »

That error could indicate a problem with the folder in the Dropbox rather than an issue with the tablet. You probably don't need the createServerPath command for that directory since it is one you could just create in the Dropbox on a PC. You really only to use createServerPath when you are making folders in the Dropbox with dynamic names like ones based on %UID% or %DateTime%.

Removing that line may not solve the problem though as it could just be a problem with the network connection to Dropbox or a problem with authentication to Dropbox.

Are all 66 tablets using the same account to access the Dropbox? We have never tested that many tablets all accessing the same Dropbox before. Could be a limitation on the server side. I only know of customers using FTP with that many tablets.
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Josh

You might be right. But one thing is bothering me. That is I used the same dropbox for storage of data from these 66 tablets with another sync app, and it is working perfectly and get no failure error. Frankly speaking, I used it (another syn app) as backup plan and thanks God, its working and I am relying on this plan. Please do give another thought to this problem because it seems this is something with CSPro syn.

Regards