negative numbers on androids

Discussions about CSEntry
Anne

negative numbers on androids

Post by Anne »

How do one enter negative numbers using number pad on androids?

My application works fine on windows, but when moving it to android, the number pad doesn't have a - button, it has a .-,+ button instead, and no matter how I try to use that button, it only displays "0." (I've tried tapping once, double tapping, multiple tapping, tap and hold etc)

Any suggestions?

Anne
josh

Re: negative numbers on androids

Post by josh »

We have seen that on certain devices and not others. Unfortunately the keyboards that get shown are fairly device specific. Some Android devices have a working - key on the numeric keyboard and others don't. My LG G3 phone doesn't even have a - key. We spent some time looking into this but couldn't find a solution that works on all devices.
josh

Post by josh »

After posting that it wasn't possible I went and took a closer look at the code and fixed a couple of things. I was able to get it to work on my LG G3 and Greg's Samsung phone. Hopefully this will work on whatever devices you are using too. The fixes will be in version 6.2.
Anne

Post by Anne »

So: What did you do to make it work on your devices? is there a general way? and btw: When is 6.2 due to come out?

(My problem is that I'm making an application to use with various devices, and I don't know what brands they will be, so fixing it for my Samsung isn't enough: I need it to work everywhere :) If the 6.2 is due soon, I'll just wait and hope it comes fast enough (right now I only know that next use of my application will be on windows tablets), while if the 6.2 takes long, I'll have to make a workaround..)

Anne
josh

Post by josh »

The change was to the CSPro source code. Pretty hopeful that this will fix it on all devices. We should have a new 6.2 beta by the end of this week with the final release by the end of the month.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Ahh! Nothing to worry about then. Perfect timing. Thank you! :D