Dropbox

Discussions about CSEntry
justice

Dropbox

Post by justice »

Hi, I am new to the Cspro and i want an assistance from this forum. I have an application has a menu, main app and data folder in one folder.
ie. Market folder contains Menu, MarketPrice,and MarketPriceData , i had this .pnc file

[SyncFile]
Version=CSPro 6.1
Description=Synchronize MarkerPrice data with Dropbox

[Connection]
Type=Dropbox

[Sync]
CreateClientPath=Market/MarketPriceProg
ClientPath=Market/MarketPriceProg
ServerPath=/MarketPriceProg
Get=Menu.pen
Get=Menu.pff
Get=*.dat
CreateClientPath=../Market/MarketPriceProg
ClientPath=../Market/MarketPriceProg
ServerPath=/MarketPriceProg
Get=MarketPriceProg.pen
Get=*.dat
CreateClientPath=../Market/MarketData
ClientPath=../Market/MarketData
ServerPath=/Market/MarketData
Put=*.dat

Only the menu folder that syncs, i have try several times using the example, what is wrong with my .pnc
josh

Re: Dropbox

Post by josh »

Without knowing the layout of the folders on the server and on the device it is hard to tell but I'm guessing that you are not using the .. in the client paths correctly. Using .. goes back one level in the directory tree from whatever directory you are in. So if you are in the directory csentry/Market/MarketPriceProg and you use .. then you go up to csentry/Market. In a couple of places you use ../Market which means you are going to end up in csentry/Market/Market which I don't think is what you want.

As I read your sync file I see that it will do the following:

1. Copy Menu.pen, Menu.pff and all data files from Dropbox/MarketPriceProg to your device at csentry/Market/MarketPriceProg

2. Copy MarketPriceProg.pen from Dropbox/MarketPriceProg to your device at csentry/Market/Market/MarketPriceProg

3. Copy all data files from the device in the folder csentry/Market/Market/Market/MarketPriceProg to the folder Dropbox/Market/MarketData

You can detect these kinds of problems by looking carefully at the from and to paths that show up on the summary screen when you add your synchronization. You can also look at the synclog.txt that gets generated in the csentry directory when you run the sync.