error for recording occurrences generated

Discussions about CSEntry
Jing Liu

error for recording occurrences generated

Post by Jing Liu »

Hi,

I got a strange error message when using Android tablet.

When I choose 'no eligible respondent' in household, i would like to skip all the roster section and then take record of GPS and ending time, then end the questionnaire. It works fine on laptop. But i got the following message for each of the roster in my questionnaire:
"Record occurrences generated for record ROSTER_HH";
"Record occurrences generated for record ROSTER_CARE";
"Record occurrences generated for record ROSTER_DEAD";

Then the program ended.

the record for the three roster are saved, but not the ending time. Did i do anything wrong?

1001020011Grand Tunis 11Tunis 1103012Bab El Bhar add2 004004004 14/09/20151 2

best

Jing
josh

Re: error for recording occurrences generated

Post by josh »

The record occurrences error happens when you skip a record that is required. If you make the records not required in the dictionary you shouldn't get those errors. Those errors will only happen when the case is being saved so by the time you are getting those errors it has already skipped over or gone past the GPS and ending time. Doesn't make sense that it would be different on laptop than on Android. I'd have to see the logic to try and figure why that is.
Jing Liu

Post by Jing Liu »

Hi,

Sorry, I was wrong, i retested the program on my laptop, the same errmsg also shows up.

So it will not affect my program if i choose the roster to be not 'required'?

best

Jing
josh

Post by josh »

Making it not required just means that it is valid to have a case without those rosters. In your case, since you want to be able to skip them that is the behavior that you want.