Android app crash

Discussions about CSEntry
Sigma

Android app crash

Post by Sigma »

Hi,

Recently I've got problem with crashing CSEntry (6.1) on Android when entering text boxes. I've managed to identify cause. App is crashing if there is a question with long value list, in which operator uses search function. After using search, the letters entered remains active in next question (textbox). If text entered by operator in this field doesn't contain letters that are still active in search bar, app crashes.

To avoid crash operator hast to clear search bar after marking correct question. I think this should be done automatically - after using search bar and marking answer, search bar should be cleared.
josh

Re: Android app crash

Post by josh »

Sorry that you have encountered this crash. I have tried to reproduce it but have not been able to. Would it be possible for you to post an application that exhibits this problem?

If not please let me know a bit more detail about how you were able to reproduce the problem. Which capture types are used (textbox, radio buttons, combo box...)? What are the different field lengths and types (numeric, alpha)? What are the value sets for the questions?
Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Application attached. I have encountered it only on Android 4.4.2 tablets. On tablets with 4.4.4 it works fine.
To reproduce you have to go through questions S1=1, S3DZIELNICA with any applicable value and then use search function on S3. Text you will enter into search bar will remain there after advancing to S4. If you enter into S4 some text, like "12B" and try to advance, application will crash. To avoid crash search bar have to be cleared by operator.

Password to zip file in PM.
Attachments
PKP.zip
(46.08 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
josh

Post by josh »

Thanks for sending the application. We have been able to reproduce the problem using you application and it is a bug in CSPro. We are working on a fix.
Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Glad I was able to help :)