Selecting the first item of a repeated item

What would you like to see in CSPro?
atr

Selecting the first item of a repeated item

Post by atr »

Am not sure if you have already a command for this but if not then would really love to have this command in CSPro programming where I could only select the first item of a repeated item.

For example, in a census dataset, assuming there is no value sets for EAs and I want to get a listing of EAs from the dataset, So I need to select only the unique EAs for my listing....in SAS prgramming, there is a command 'If first.EA then...' and this will select only the first unique EA record...... would be lovely to have this in CSPro.

Thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: Selecting the first item of a repeated item

Post by Gregory Martin »

I haven't used SAS in over 10 years, so I'm not familiar with this command. Can you explain it in more detail? Do you want to select the first case in the data file, or the first occurrence of a roster? If the latter, how would first.EA be different from EA(1)?
atr

Post by atr »

Thanks for the reply Greg.... your last suggestion helps
cheers
Wingel

Post by Wingel »

Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
I am very happy joined this forum.
I like it exceptionally much....!!!!

Thanks alot...
We are the pioneers in providing Pass4sure.co.uk ccna dumps and security+ practice sy0-401 exam with exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testkingccie sckans questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in www.muih.edu