Possible CSENTRY bug in android

Discussions about CSEntry
Mariovaisman

Possible CSENTRY bug in android

Post by Mariovaisman »

We have developed an application that we are using in android platform, we have more than 20 tablets working. In some tablets, not all, typing amount the system only accept 3 digits, but the field has 12 digits, in other cases, we have an alpha field, and the system only permits 4 characters, and if we type more, the field go to empty again and starts with the next character.

I did a partial save, if I go out and start again going to end the problem remains there, but if I go out, and close the csentry from the task list and start again, I go to end and the problem does not exist any more, the numeric value is working up to the 12 digits, the character variables works properly, as nothing happens.

I can not recognize when the problem starts, and it produce several problems in the data capture in CAPI mode.

Thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: Possible CSENTRY bug in android

Post by Gregory Martin »

I believe that we were able to fix this problem. Another user reported a bug where they would not be able to enter the correct number of characters in an alpha field. It would happen after a reenter statement was executed in a numeric field with a decimal component.

We put out a new version of CSEntry, 6.0.2, today. Update your version of CSEntry (it may happen automatically, or you may have to go to Google Play to do it), and let me know if the problem persists. Hopefully it will be fixed.
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Gregory

Thanks for the new version. This morning when I tried to download 6.0.2 it gave following error
"Unknown error code during application install "919". This error shown when I update CSEntry.

But If I uninstall existing version (6.0.1) and install 6.0.2 from google play, it gave error ""Unknown error code during application install "961".

Any thoughts.

Regards
Mariovaisman

Post by Mariovaisman »

Dear Gregory,

Thanks for your early reply, i have updated the the CSPro android version and I am testing now.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

shafique arif,

There seem to be differing reports about what causes that error. Here's one, for example:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1965 ... nstall-919

Have you tried downloading CSEntry while on WiFi, or while on just your network connection (if you have a mobile device)?
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Gregory

Yes. This error was because of type of internet. I was using dungle when this error displayed. When I used WI_FI, it worked.

Thanks you so much swift reply.

Regards
Mariovaisman

Post by Mariovaisman »

Dear Gregory,

I my fist post, I didn't say anything about the syncronization, The situation was doing the data entry itself, where trying to type numeric fields with length greater than 3 digits in several cases, we coudnt type more than 3 digits, it was like the field had those 3 digits as a limit. Same situation with alpha fields in some cases permited only 2 or 4 characters, and if we tried to type one more, the field was automatically empty and started with this character.

I updated the cspro to the new version (6.02), After the second working day in the field, the problem remains but in less oportunities, numeric limits and alpha limits.

When the problem appears, if we advance and come back to the field it remains, however if we do a partial save, then exit the cspro and close cspro using the task manager, when I start the application and go to than position it works properly, however the problem comes again in other fields, not in all the numeric fields, to be more specific, it appeared in a couple of sections exclusively.

Hope I was clear, any other information, please let me know.

Thanks

Mario Vaisman