Android: CSentry has stopped (android 4.04)

Discussions about CSEntry
goldenophelia

Android: CSentry has stopped (android 4.04)

Post by goldenophelia »

Hi,

I've been working with the Windows version of CSpro for a couple of years now, and I would like to start using tablets for the data collection. I was very happy to see that CSpro has made much progress on the creation of an Android version.

Unfortunately, after following the instructions on the bèta site, whenever I open the CSentry application and click on the Metro Survey (or my own survey), my tablet (call-touch, Android 4.04) says that CSentry has stopped working and quits the app. Are there known problems that I could try to resolve? (if it has already been discussed, could someone provide me with a link to the discussion?) I'm excited to start working with the app asap.

Thanks a million!
willt_uga

Re: Android: CSentry has stopped (android 4.04)

Post by willt_uga »

I second this.

My data entry application will run, but if for any reason it crashes, I get the "CSEntry has stopped" error message and the only way I can re-launch the application is to re-boot my tablet (Lenovo A1000L, Android 4.0.3).

Any advice would be appreciated.

WMT
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The first thing is to check whether or not your .pen file was created with the most recent beta desktop release. We keep changing the format of the .pen file, so if you run a .pen file created from the first release with a more recent beta version, then you'll get the error that you describe.

We've fixed some other errors that have caused these crashes. We plan to release a new beta within the next few days. Try that one and let me know if that doesn't address your problems.

Alternatively, you can email me (csprousers@gmail.com) and I can take a look at your app. It's possible that there are still bugs in our version that we can fix before the official release.
willt_uga

Post by willt_uga »

Thanks, Gregory.

Something that has been causing crashes for me. . . and this may have already been corrected. . . but when I left-swipe for the case tree in an already existing (complete) cases, it crashes. No problem with a case that I'm actively entering.

WMT
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

WMT, roughly how many fields should be shown when you display the case tree? We noticed a problem with applications that have many fields and we're fixing that now. However, if your application/forms have fewer than 50 fields, than I'm not sure what's going on in modify, but not add, mode.
willt_uga

Post by willt_uga »

Thanks Gregory. The application that's crashing has more than 50 fields. We'll how it goes in the next release.

WMT
imade

Post by imade »

Hi,
Have you fixed this problem ? I have just downloaded the last version and my android application crashes !
while adding a new case, if i try to show the case tree by Clicking on the CS icon, the CSentry crashes and stop the application. This problem is only observed on forms containing rosters with many fields (more than 50).
please help .

Regards
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Did you download the application from the beta site, or did you get the released version from the Google Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ro.csentry

Let me know if this problem still occurs on the Google Play version and we'll be sure to fix it.
imade

Post by imade »

I downloaded the application from google play.
But I have just fixed the problem by generation all my forms automaticaly ! the problem is disappeared !

thanks