Csentry Android: Error using the sync tool

Discussions about CSEntry
htuser

Csentry Android: Error using the sync tool

Post by htuser »

Dear Gregory,
An error alway occured while using the Synchronization tool of Csentry Android with FTP. It seem that this error concern the download path (in your code it may be: /data/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/syncfiles/...)In the next release we would like to have theses improvements:

1.- Ability to choose our own path in the tablet. We would like to save connection to ftp, so we don't need to type connection parameters each time we want to synchronize files.
2.- Have this sync tool in the Windows Csentry version.
Thanks in advance for your precious help.
HTUSER
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: Csentry Android: Error using the sync tool

Post by Gregory Martin »

You are definitely trying to be an early adopter! :D

We will soon put out the synchronization specification, which will help you use this tool properly. (I haven't even tested the sync tool in this beta release so I'm not sure if it works properly myself!)

CSPro 6.0 won't have a version of the tool for Windows, but we will probably add it in for the next (minor) release if people find it useful.
htuser

Re: Csentry Android: Error using the sync tool

Post by htuser »

Thank you Greg for responses. Effectively this module is very important for everyone using tablet for data collection, both for Android and Windows Csentry. It's allow both, real time synchronization of data files and application. We're waiting for the windows version.
Regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004