Read Excel file with CSPro

What would you like to see in CSPro?
noel

Read Excel file with CSPro

Post by noel »

I receive many files in Excel. I need a way to read it in CSPro, so I can convert it easily CSPro data file.

I request some improvements for Map Viewer:
- printing the information on the map ( for example the names of area, the indicators etc.)
- deleting the variables directly from Map viewer.
Gregory Martin

Re: Read Excel file with CSPro

Post by Gregory Martin »

I do not think that we will be adding any features to Map Viewer anytime soon. When it was originally designed, more than 10 years ago, it was an easy way for people to create simple maps. Now there are many other tools to do such tasks, so I doubt that we will focus much energy on Map Viewer in the near future, but I appreciate your suggestions. I haven't used this in many years so I'm not sure what all it will do, but ArcGIS Explorer might be a good supplement to Map Viewer:

http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/exp ... lorer.html

Reading Excel files would be very useful and I want to see this as a feature in CSPro. Often I have had to save Excel files as formatted text files so that I could read them in CSPro, but it would be nice to directly support the feature. Probably this feature will come out at the same time that CSPro supports SQL databases.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Nana111

Post by Nana111 »

Hi there
I am a green hand in Excel.And i tried to read Excel files with CSPro using this excel processing tool which i got from google.
But it said that this tool can not work in CSPro.I don't know what should i do then.Should i just change another Excel tool
to help me out?Or is there any other suggestions?
Thanks for any suggestions.
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear;

If you want to use this as external data file for entry then i can help out.

a.
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

khurshid.arshad wrote:Dear;

If you want to use this as external data file for entry then i can help out.

a.
Dear Khurshid

Can you share any program which will show how we can use excel as external data file for entry. As i would like to use for some projects where our clients are providing excel tools and ask us to enter in same format. Which i would like to enter using CSPro. Thanks

Regards

Bharadwaj
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Bharadwaj;

I am not clear about your question. If you can post few examples.
a.