Sequential ID items

Discussions about CSEntry
rbs2150

Sequential ID items

Post by rbs2150 »

I am new to CSPro and working on creating a new database. I am trying to create sequential id items that are automatically generated by CSPro when a new record is added. I have been able to create logic that automatically assigns an id number when the id is added.

The problem occurs when I close and then reopen to continue with data entry. After opening, If I just click on "add case" there are no problems, but if I want to go back and look at previously entered data, I get an error that the new case ids are no longer unique. I think CSPro is attempting to reassign the ID numbers for previously entered cases when I open the file, creating this error. Is it possible to prevent this from happening? Basically, I am trying to write the correct logic to have persistent, automatically generated sequential id items. Is this easily doable?

Thanks so much!
Gregory Martin

Re: Sequential ID items

Post by Gregory Martin »

Have you looked into the demode function? This function tells you the data entry mode, so with this function you could check to see whether you are in modify (or verify) mode. If that were the case, then you would not assign an ID value to the field because it would already have a value. Will this work for you?
rbs2150

Post by rbs2150 »

Hi Greg,

The demode function fixed the problem. Thanks so much for your help!
alesson.aguiar

Post by alesson.aguiar »

Are you two talking about which CSPro version? look, I have used CSPro for some years but I just use the 4.0 version. Now I need to discovery news horizonts about it because my costumers want to have a solution for tablets or PDAs. Thanks! If each of you are able to give me a support I thank you, I know that this is not the correct local to post it, but, I guess you understand me.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

alesson.aguiar, in a couple months we'll have an Android version ready. You can use it for collecting data on Android tablets or phones. You'll design your applications on the desktop and then you can run them on Windows desktops/tablets, or on Android devices.