Printing data entry form

What would you like to see in CSPro?
htuser

Printing data entry form

Post by htuser »

We would like to print a data entry form with data's.
It's because we would ask that Cspro's developper's to implement print setup and other printing menu in Csentry.
Thanks in advance.
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: Printing data entry form

Post by Gregory Martin »

In versions of CSPro before 5.0, you could sort of do this by using the FViewer program. It was not on the Tools menu but it was located in the CSPro installation folder. You would save the data for a form by using the writeform statement. We removed FViewer functionality from version 5, though it is possible we could bring it back in a future version.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Thanks for all.
Nevertheless, i think that the writeform statement has not been described in the Help part of the latest version either on the Cspro's website help part.
Any explanation of this statement would be welcome.
Sincerely
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can test writeform by creating an application and at a point at which you want the data on your form saved to the disk, write:
writeform FORM_NAME;
After closing CSEntry, you'll see that there is a new file with the extension .wrt in your application folder. You can open this file with the FViewer program. Within the FViewer program you can print the form (with the data on it).
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Gregory,
Thanks for responses. But, when the Writeform is coded, the Csentry crashed during data entry and the .wrt file is not created.
Please,can you send to me an example?
Thanks for all,
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Oh yea ... I remember this function. If i remember correctly, it was very handy when an entry screen crashes and it can print out the form with the values that were entered before the crash.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Did writeform crash using CSPro 5 or an earlier version? As I mentioned earlier, we discontinued support of FViewer starting with CSPro 5, so if you're using the most recent version of CSPro, you won't be able to usefully use this writeform statement.

Your best option to print out form data is to simply implement your own function that uses filewrite statements to write out the applicable form data in a format that you can then print out nicely (from Text Viewer or another text editor).
htuser

Post by htuser »

Thanks for response. Infortunately, until now, we can't print Csentry's form with data's. Yet, it is very important now because it can allow to send digital copies of Csentry questionnaires in pdf or XPS format.
I hope in a next release, you'll consider this option.
Best regards,
Fay

Post by Fay »

Hi, have been creating a questionnaire for a survey but i couldn't be able to print the form even after trying out the ways you have suggested. Can you illustrate further?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

In your logic you write statements like this:
writeform FORM_NAME;
Then you use the FViewer tool that is included in the CSPro installation, with the exception of version 5.0, to view the .wrt file that will get created during your data entry application. That will allow you to view the forms and print them. The Form Viewer (FViewer) still has some bugs in 6.0.1 that will have to get worked out, but if you're using CSPro 4.1 or earlier, you shouldn't have any problems with this.