Implementing User-Specific Data Access in CSWeb Server

What would you like to see in CSPro?
gaga

Implementing User-Specific Data Access in CSWeb Server

Post by gaga »

Hello CSWeb Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project using CSWeb, and I have a question regarding user-specific data access. I want to ensure that each user can only access and view their own data and application.
If anyone has experience or insights into implementing such user-specific data access in CSWeb, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Are there specific features in CSWeb that I should be utilizing for this purpose? Any best practices or examples would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
savy

Re: Implementing User-Specific Data Access in CSWeb Server

Post by savy »

Is the intent to add functionality in CSWeb to show content in the dashboard on a per user basis? CSWeb has roles that can restrict users to what data they have access to but it does not restrict data access at a lower level than that.
gaga

Post by gaga »

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Yes, that's correct; my goal is to implement functionality in CSWeb to display content on a per-user basis, ensuring that users can only access and view their own data at a more granular level. I've already set up roles, but it seems that the current access control is at a broader level.

Considering this limitation, do you have any suggestions or best practices for implementing a more fine-grained control within the CSPro applications? Are there any workarounds or additional features that could be utilized to achieve user-specific data access?

I appreciate your insights and guidance on this matter.

Best regards,
savy

Post by savy »

Unfortunately, this is not supported in the current version of CSWeb. Implementing this by yourself is non-trivial.
pandamax

Post by pandamax »

Hello!!i want to have a role who users is not authorised to deleted data, application. It's possible?
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

The permissions for roles on CSWeb are based only on which dashboard pages the user has access to. If the user has access to the Data page, they have full access to the Data page and can upload/download data there as normal. If they do not have access to the Data page, then they cannot visit that page. There are no more granular permissions than what you see when you visit the Roles page.

Hope this helps,
Justin