Add, Modify Mode

Discussions about CSEntry
khurshid.arshad

Add, Modify Mode

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Gregory

I hope you are doing well. I have two questions about “Add, Modify and Verify” options.
I am forwarding a sample data entry program where we are using Add, Modify and Verify options.
1. When we save data partially and reopen it then it opens in Modify mode and you can see the status in status bar Modify”. But when the form appears it show Add mode. The value will be 2(Modify Mode).
2. When we save data partially and reopen and then save the record and after that we cannot open the record. The error is “Error in ModifyStart()”.

Regards.

Arshad
Attachments
Presentation1.pptx
(297.63 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
Sample.rar
(3.73 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Add, Modify Mode

Post by Gregory Martin »

Hey Arshad,

1) When resuming from partial save mode, CSPro reports that it is in modify mode until you reach the file where you last stopped entering data, at which point the mode switches to add mode. This is, in part, because people often prefill fields while in add mode, but they wouldn't want to do this if modifying the questionnaire or resuming from a partial save (because the values will have already been filled in). Reporting the mode as modify mode in both cases solves this problem.

2) I am not able to see this error. What steps did you have to execute with your application for this error to occur?
khurshid.arshad

Add, Modify Mode with two level data entry program

Dear Gregory

Thanks for your reply. I am working on two level data entry program. I am forwarding two data entry programs and one excel file.
File name “Sample” is a sample data entry program with single level. You can see that add and modify mode is working perfectly.
File name “Tracking 1991” is actual data entry program. We are using two level data entry. When I remove second level then add and modify mode work perfectly and if I work with two levels then add function not working after partially save. You just save data as partially and close data entry window and re-run.
File name “Roster info” is a data file in excel format. You can use for data entry.
Please advice. :idea:

Regards.

Arshad
Attachments
Tracking 1991.rar
(536.24 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Sample.rar
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Roster info.xlsx
(12.71 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
khurshid.arshad

Add, Modify Mode options with partially save

Dear Gregory

Thanks for your reply. I am working on two level data entry program. I am forwarding two data entry programs and one excel file.
File name “Sample” is a sample data entry program with single level. You can see that add and modify mode is working perfectly.
File name “Tracking 1991” is actual data entry program. We are using two level data entry. When I remove second level then add and modify mode work perfectly and if I work with two levels then add function not working after partially save. You just save data as partially and close data entry window and re-run.
File name “Roster info” is a data file in excel format. You can use for data entry.
Please advice. :idea:

A.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Hey Arshad,

I'm just now getting around to reviewing some old posts. Are you still having a problem with this?
khurshid.arshad

Dear Gregory

Yes, I am still confused. I am forwarding Two level data entry program from CSPro example directory. The status shows in status bar is ADD but it is not.
I put the error message on preproc to show the demode status on every variable.
My project is done a week before but i want to clear my confusion.

An other question about parameter, the writecase is not working in menu option i will send you my program on your email address shortly.

I want to learn how to create structure and store data through MySqlDataAdapter. If am not wrong during the training you taught that who we can create structure and store data.

Regards.
Arshad.
Attachments
Two Level Application.rar
(80.99 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You're right that demode returns 2 but it says ADD in the status bar. I'll take a look at this when I return to the U.S. next week. I'm guessing that it's a bug. When resuming from a partial save, demode should return 2 up until the point that you hit the field that you stopped at, at which point it should switch over to 1.

Census is currently blocking attachments with .app files, so send your application to csprousers@gmail.com
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I fixed this today, so version 6.0 will contain this bug fix.
khurshid.arshad

Thanksssssssssssssssss.
a.