Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
benito

Problem while trying to export data

Post by benito »

Good evening dear all from CSPro Users Forum,

I hope this mail finds you well.

Can you help me please?

I’m trying to export data from a dictionary in another format but I’m facing the error message in the file here attached.

Please, advise.

Best regards.
Attachments
Capture d'écran 2023-04-27 19.12.03.png
Capture d'écran 2023-04-27 19.12.03.png (7.29 KiB) Viewed 4523 times
justinlakier

Re: Problem while trying to export data

Post by justinlakier »

First, please check that the DCF is where CSPro expects it to be. It might be that your relative or absolute paths don't match between the code and the device you're using. Make sure that the dictionary is valid and is where you are trying to load it from.
To get a more detailed idea of what's going wrong, we'd need to take a look at your files and attempt to reproduce the error. You can post them here or send them to the cspro mailing list at cspro@lists.census.gov if you don't want your files publicly visible.

Hope that helps,
Justin
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you opening a data file from a zip file? If you look at the path, it is looking in your computer's temporary folder for the dictionary, which should generally not happen, but sometimes does when you open files from a zip file.
benito

Post by benito »

I sent the files to cspro@lists.census.gov
justinlakier wrote: April 28th, 2023, 9:11 am First, please check that the DCF is where CSPro expects it to be. It might be that your relative or absolute paths don't match between the code and the device you're using. Make sure that the dictionary is valid and is where you are trying to load it from.
To get a more detailed idea of what's going wrong, we'd need to take a look at your files and attempt to reproduce the error. You can post them here or send them to the cspro mailing list at cspro@lists.census.gov if you don't want your files publicly visible.

Hope that helps,
Justin
benito

Post by benito »

Hello Greg,

Yes I saw the responses.

To answer to your question, no I’m not opening a data file from a zip file.

I sent the folder with the tool I'm working on to cspro@lists.census.gov.

Best regards.
Gregory Martin wrote: April 28th, 2023, 11:34 am Are you opening a data file from a zip file? If you look at the path, it is looking in your computer's temporary folder for the dictionary, which should generally not happen, but sometimes does when you open files from a zip file.