Drag and drop.

Discussions about tabulating data in the designer or in batch mode
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
YFT_CBSD

Drag and drop.

Post by YFT_CBSD »

Hi, I am experiencing issues with my tabulation application. When I try to drag and drop items into the table, nothing happens. These items have value sets. I have also tried using the CSPro tabulation examples, but I still encounter the same issue where dragging does not work
sherrell

Re: Drag and drop.

Post by sherrell »

Are you getting any message(s) from CSPro when you release from the drag?

There's not much I can say without looking at your application. Could you zip it & post it here? Or, if you'd rather not post it publicly, please send it to us at cspro@lists.census.gov

Sherrell
YFT_CBSD

Post by YFT_CBSD »

HI No erros unfortunately, im using the cspro tabulation examples(CSPro\Examples 7.7\3 - Tabulation\PostCalc)
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you able to record your screen while you're dragging-and-dropping? I opened PostcalcExample and successfully dragged items to the table.

When you initially drag the item, you may see a cursor with a line through it (like a "no smoking" sign). That means that you can't drop the item at that location. You will only be able to drop the item when you see the cursor turn into a rectangle with a + sign in the middle.
YFT_CBSD

Post by YFT_CBSD »

Hi, for your reference. Thanks
Attachments
337188733_8947449568629398_252500404478493732_n.rar
(874.13 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
savy

Post by savy »

As a workaround, instead of removing all of existing variables of the table, add your new variables by dragging and dropping and then remove the variables that you do not need. While we are unable to reproduce your problem, at times the drag and drop may be an issue when all the variables are removed. You could also try add a brand new table and then dragging and dropping the variables.
YFT_CBSD

Post by YFT_CBSD »

Done that before posting it here. Thanks
ricardoassis

Post by ricardoassis »

Hello Folks!

Did someone solved this issue? I'm facing the same problem here...
No message but dragndrop not working. Nothing happens...

Thanks!
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

At times the drag and drop may be an issue when all the variables are removed. You can zip the application here, or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov, for us to attempt to reproduce the error. The current solution to this issue is to try the workaround methods that Savy posted previously.

Justin