Could not initialize the Data Viewer HTML provider

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
nlxlee

Re: Could not initialize the Data Viewer HTML provider

Post by nlxlee »

hi Sherrell. Unfortunately, it's not the file. It's the Data Viewer module. The error appears with any file you try. It still appears if you open the module from the Tools menu. All has been well for the past months till today. Like I said, the error doesn't appear 90% of the time. there seems to be something that triggers it and I don't know what. Data viewer cannot be accessed in any way at the time of writing.

Aside from this, how do I activate notifications from this forum so that I receive a notification via email if there is a reply?
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

> Unfortunately, it's not the file. It's the Data Viewer module. The error appears with any file you try.

That's what I'm trying to ascertain, where the problem resides. Are you loading files from your PC or from a server? Could there be a virus/malware on your system? What error message(s) are you getting? Can you open DV on its own? If yes, then what is the error message you get when you attempt to open a file? If you can't open DV on its own, what happens if you double-click on a .csdb file to force the launch of DV? Please provide any screenshots or messages you are getting. We have to be able to replicate the problem/have more info in order to figure out what's going on.

Have you installed the most recent version of CSPro, 7.7.3? If not, please do that and see if that addresses your problem.

As for notifications, although the settings implies it can be done, in fact this hasn't been setup, so you just need to check back to the board. Generally we reply within a day, tho sometimes it can take 2 days, especially if there is a holiday/a lot of us are on travel.

Sherrell
nlxlee

Post by nlxlee »

Hello Sherrell,
I am loading my files from my PC. No, there are no viruses/malware in the system. My antivirus would have notified me. The only major activity I recall occurring was having my PC installing the latest Windows Updates. I have tried opening .csdb files, opening Data Viewer from the Start Menu of Windows or Tools from from CSPro. I tried uninstalling CSPro and installing version 7.7.3.
Attachments
DV Error.png
DV Error.png (29.08 KiB) Viewed 5483 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Data Viewer tries to create a local web server using a port in the range 50500-50530. If it cannot, you get that error message.

My guess is that you have some software that is using all the ports in that range, or software that is blocking Data Viewer from using those ports.

The next time that you see that message, follow these steps to see if all the ports are in use:

https://www.alphr.com/how-to-check-whic ... ows-10-pc/

That may help you identify what program on your system is using the ports.
Xavi

Post by Xavi »

I also have the same problem with windows 11 pro. How can i solve it
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hi Xavi,

Check that you are using the latest version of CSPro. You should be able to check your active ports with Windows 11 Pro the same as with Windows 10. Going to the command prompt and typing netstat -ano, downloading one of various tools like the ones in the article Greg linked, or going to the Windows' Resource Monitor and checking the network tab will let you identify if the port you are trying to use for Data Viewer is in use. You can find the Command Prompt and Resource Monitor from the search bar.

Hope that helps,
Justin La Kier