Automatic "AdvanceToEnd"

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
ares

Automatic "AdvanceToEnd"

Post by ares »

Hi to all,

Thank you for the various features already available on CSPro.
I have one request

Context
I added an option on a userbar to close incompleted questionnaire and fill reasons why it was not completed. The code use a "skip to" the last questions on interview result and results why not completed.

Problem
My problem is that users must do "Advancetoend" by themself before activating the option to stop the interview and register the reason why they could not finish the interview. The risk is that if they forget to do advancetoend, they may loose the part of the questionnaire that was filled.

Request
Can we have an "advanceto_last_position" option that will not interrupt the code (with a message like AGE is not filled) and enable so to close all my questionnaire

Result expected
function close_questionnaires();
advanceto_last_position();
skip to final_questions;
end;
sherrell

Re: Automatic "AdvanceToEnd"

Post by sherrell »

Hi Ares,

>Can we have an "advanceto_last_position" option that will not interrupt the code (with a message like AGE is not filled)
>and enable so to close all my questionnaire

If you are advancing (using the "advance" keyword), then you will only get a message when [1] you reach a field for which a value hasn't yet been entered or [2] you have entered all data for the case and CSPro asks you if you want to finish the case (which will only be presented if the Options > Data Entry > Confirm end-of-case box has been checked).

>The risk is that if they forget to do advancetoend, they may loose the part of the questionnaire that was filled.

If the case is saved as a partial case, no data will be lost, as all off-path data is saved. Only when a case is completed does any off-path data get discarded.

Sherrell
ares

Post by ares »

Hi Sherrell,

Thank you for the answer.

The problem is that we want to have all our questionnaires completed (even if the interview did not go to the end, we want the interviewer to give reasons why the interview was not completed without loosing informations that are already in the questionnaire - as it may still be used). It help us to follow cases like refusals and cases that can be completed (appointments).

Diane
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Diane,

You would have to allow notappl to be allowed for all numeric fields in order to do what you want to do. But that has ramifications on "regular", fully-interviewed cases, as now you are allowing enumerators to avoid entering data.

To repeat, partially saved cases does NOT lose data; in fact it keeps more data, as data on any paths taken that were then reverted are still there. So, there is no reason to not allow the case to be partial.

Sherrell