Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
rama.amal31

Valid Character

Post by rama.amal31 »

Hello I'm Rama
I ask for help,
how to validate Date (1234567890) and Day unit (day week month)
In this case I created Data Type Alpha and had to fill in the date and unit in a text box field.
the contents of the data must be the date and unit
example: 30 Days / 1 Week

my current logic is

postproc
string validChars1 = "1234567890 "; // day
string validChars2 = "BULANHARIMINGGU "; // unit of day
do numeric i = 1 while i <= length(strip($))
string char = $[i:1];
if pos(char, validChars1) = 0 AND pos(char, validChars2) = 0 then
errmsg("MASUKAN SATUAN HARI");
reenter;
ENDIF;
ENDDO;

I want both to be between the date and the unit of day

thanks very much
sherrell

Re: Valid Character

Post by sherrell »

If your time unit is day, week, or month (maybe year too?), then I'm not clear on what you're doing with this line of code:

Code: Select all

I think what you want to do is allow someone to choose a unit of day, then enter some # of days (such as 1-30 or 1-31). If they want to enter weeks, then they would enter 1-52 or something. If months, probably 1-12. Assuming you are using these ranges, then

[A] if you ask for the unit field first (which is what I would do if you are able), then you can control via logic what the acceptable values should be for the duration using the SetValueSet function (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ction.html). Create 3 (or however many units are being allowed/used) in your dictionary and then refer to them as follows (note the logic is placed in the ONFOCUS):

PROC DURATION
onfocus
        if UNIT="D" then SetValueSet ($, DURATION_VS_DAY);     // this valueset = 1-31
    elseif UNIT="W" then SetValueSet ($, DURATION_VS_WEEK);    // this valueset = 1-52
    elseif UNIT="M" then SetValueSet ($, DURATION_VS_MO);      // this valueset = 1-12
    else  // etc.
    endif;
If you have to take the duration field before asking for the unit, then I would block these two fields (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/blocks.html), and do the comparison afterwards to ensure they agree. In this scenario you would have to allow DURATION to be 1-52 (or whatever the maximum value is that pairs with a given unit).

If this is not what you want to do, please provide more detail, and/or a screenshot of the questionnaire you're working from.

Sherrell
rama.amal31

Post by rama.amal31 »

sherrell wrote: October 7th, 2022, 12:41 pm If your time unit is day, week, or month (maybe year too?), then I'm not clear on what you're doing with this line of code:

I think what you want to do is allow someone to choose a unit of day, then enter some # of days (such as 1-30 or 1-31). If they want to enter weeks, then they would enter 1-52 or something. If months, probably 1-12. Assuming you are using these ranges, then

[A] if you ask for the unit field first (which is what I would do if you are able), then you can control via logic what the acceptable values should be for the duration using the SetValueSet function (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ction.html). Create 3 (or however many units are being allowed/used) in your dictionary and then refer to them as follows (note the logic is placed in the ONFOCUS):

PROC DURATION
onfocus
        if UNIT="D" then SetValueSet ($, DURATION_VS_DAY);     // this valueset = 1-31
    elseif UNIT="W" then SetValueSet ($, DURATION_VS_WEEK);    // this valueset = 1-52
    elseif UNIT="M" then SetValueSet ($, DURATION_VS_MO);      // this valueset = 1-12
    else  // etc.
    endif;
If you have to take the duration field before asking for the unit, then I would block these two fields (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/blocks.html), and do the comparison afterwards to ensure they agree. In this scenario you would have to allow DURATION to be 1-52 (or whatever the maximum value is that pairs with a given unit).

If this is not what you want to do, please provide more detail, and/or a screenshot of the questionnaire you're working from.

Sherrell

in the questionnaire asked to enter the number of days of use but in one column, instructed to fill in the total days with units of day (CINCOS)
in the column can fill in various units (text box)

I want to make sure the enumerator fills in the number and unit of day

thanks Sherrell
Attachments
QX
QX
image_2022-10-08_083117758.png (25.22 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

Hi Rama,

Sorry, I somehow missed your reply post.

>in the questionnaire asked to enter the number of days of use but in one column, instructed to fill in the total days with units of day (CINCOS)
>in the column can fill in various units (text box)

So do you want the enumerator to fill in both the number of days AND the unit in the single column, CINCOS? Which you could "join" two fields to make them appear in the same column (tho if collected on an Android device they won't appear together unless you block them), but you can't have a single field do double-duty and collect two types of data.

Did you try and incorporate the logic I provided before into your program? If so, and you're still having problems, why don't you zip up your program (using CSPro's "pack" utility in the tools dropdown) to post your application here.

Sherrell