Modifying [data].dat.not

Discussions about CSEntry
pierrew

Modifying [data].dat.not

Post by pierrew »

I keep asking Greg and I know that he is overwhelmed with topics so this is addressed to anyone that has done something similar. hehehe ... But feel free to comment, Greg

Ok. I am writing error messages and then modifying the note file to add the error message to a specific question so that during error corrections if a particular item has an error a small script will check if the note contains an error message then invokes the field note to see how to address the problem. The reason for this method is to dynamically remove and update error messages with out the hassle of using the errmsg function. So my question is what is the structure of the note (*.dat.not) file? Knowing this will help me write multiple line messages to this file. I am also thinking about putting the specific solutions to the help file that it related to a particular data item. So does anybody know where this file is and what the extension is?

Thanks,
Pierre
pierrew

Re: Modifying [data].dat.not

Post by pierrew »

Sorry ... Forgot to check the help for the note file structure. Well it was in there and got it working properly. But still need the info on the help file.
Pierre
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

What is the help file that you're referencing?

Are you talking about the CSPro system messages file, located at C:\Program Files\CSPro 5.0\CSPro.mgf?

Or the CSEntry help file, located at C:\Program Files\CSPro 5.0\Csentry.chm?

Or the CAPI help files (help related to each field on your form), which is in your application's .qsf file?

Or something else?
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Thanks Greg,
It's the help file when you force a data item to accept a value that is not contained in its valueset. Maybe I can use the help file that is related to the CAPI qst file. Let me try this one.